Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Project Wheels On The Bus...…… Cummings gets thrown under one.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like Cummings limps on, lets see what Monday's papers bring.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now I understand why a week ago they changed the slogan from 'stay at home' to 'stay alert'.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mmm a hospital in south west has stopped new admissions temporarily this morning due to spike in new covid patients.... is this the possible start of numbers starting to rise again?

I'm sure there will be local / regional spikes all the time in the forseeable future but hopefully the likely fat second wave is still months away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly as predicted, Boris announces easing of restrictions. Soon. Car showrooms! Swiss Tony will be delighted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Supermarkets opening in a safe way. They'll be sending Boris a hamper later. Heartwarming product placement. What a wag.

Incidentally, when the press question Boris lately, and ask him if he's still standing by his man, please no more faux outrage from right wingers. I remember how Corbyn was (rightly) persecuted with similar dimbot questions about whether he condemned antisemitism.

Asking dimbot questions to smoke out pilitical hypocrisy is what our media does. Others, later, write articles about it. Some dim, some eviscerating.

I am hoping someone somewhere will write an excoriating piece. Hopefully it will be someone from the nominal right. Hislop, perhaps.

Now there's a thought. I look forward to the new edition of Private Eye.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Supermarkets opening in a safe way. They'll be sending Boris a hamper later. Heartwarming product placement. What a wag.

Incidentally, when the press question Boris lately, and ask him if he's still standing by his man, please no more faux outrage from right wingers. I remember how Corbyn was (rightly) persecuted with similar dimbot questions about whether he condemned antisemitism.

Asking dimbot questions to smoke out pilitical hypocrisy is what our media does. Others, later, write articles about it. Some dim, some eviscerating.

I am hoping someone somewhere will write an excoriating piece. Hopefully it will be someone from the nominal right. Hislop, perhaps.

Now there's a thought. I look forward to the new edition of Private Eye.

Any mention of dentists...I’m relying on you ..knowing you are following every word :whistle:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
It’s now limited across many nations, due to a couple of months of social distancing/lockdowns.

My take on this too, just hope there's no massive upswing after the releasing of restrictions and we can all get back to some sort of normality, but I fear we haven't seen the back of this by some way yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My take on this too, just hope there's no massive upswing after the releasing of restrictions and we can all get back to some sort of normality, but I fear we haven't seen the back of this by some way yet.

I suspect there’ll be a lesser second spike when we hit the regular flu/cold season in the autumn. But this time governments across Europe should be ready - care homes, PPE, targeted actions to localised surges in new cases, hopefully effective track and trace.

It’s now limited across many nations, due to a couple of months of social distancing/lockdowns.

However though myself and my lady been locked up in her house for last 2 months other than essential shopping, my landlady a care worker herself invited us to a barbeque sat/Sunday providing of course we social distance. Blimey when we got there opened front door she just hugged us both and,well, that was that really. A care worker currently caring for covid patients and threw her arms around us!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here