Page 1615 of 1615 FirstFirst ... 61511151515156516051612161316141615
Results 16,141 to 16,148 of 16148
  1. #16141
    Tyson Gay crodonilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lyme Regis
    Posts
    11,167


    0 Not allowed!
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-who-official

    The WHO seem keen that lockdown or severe restrictions remain in the UK and the success we've had is due to lockdown and not vaccination. Im not sure I totally agree I think the vaccination is having some success now but these people know the virus better than anyone and we should heed their earnings.
    Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #16142

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Packed sports stadiums, no mask mandates, near zero restrictions: astounding.

      Attachment 135697
      Yep. They said similar when India had 80000 in at the Test Match. Now look at them.



      Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    • #16143

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-who-official

      The WHO seem keen that lockdown or severe restrictions remain in the UK and the success we've had is due to lockdown and not vaccination. Im not sure I totally agree I think the vaccination is having some success now but these people know the virus better than anyone and we should heed their earnings.
      The WHO also seem to think that the number of deaths is rising in the UK. I don't know where that comes from.

      Quote Originally Posted by Guardian article
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Smallwood said that despite concern over case numbers, deaths seemed to have plateaued and increased only slightly, and not at the same rate as infections. An Imperial College London study found strong evidence that the UK’s vaccine programme is breaking the link between cases and fatalities.
      No offence, crodo, but you have been among the most cautious pro-lockdown posters re. this virus. So if even you think the WHO is erring on the pessimistic side, then I'm sure you'll find you're in the majority with this one.
    • #16144
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      Sittingbourne, Kent
      Posts
      6,548


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This. The roadmap has looked sensibly cautious from the outset to me, with the gaps between stages enough to see how things are working out - given we've had over a year of this **** a few more weeks of gradually relaxing restrictions shouldn't be beyond most people. The terminally paranoid can continue with their own private lockdown if they're that worried - no-one is going to be forced to go to the football/pub/cinema/shopping centre. It's looking increasingly likely to me that our vacc programme is going to get us out of this
      Agree with most of your post, excepting the bolded bit, extremely clinically vulnerable are being forced back to work, NOW and are likely to have the safety net of priority shopping slots removed from June, so it is not only the “paranoid” that are affected by the changes.
    • #16145
      Members Poojah's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Leeds
      Posts
      983


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dsr-burnley View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The WHO also seem to think that the number of deaths is rising in the UK. I don't know where that comes from.



      No offence, crodo, but you have been among the most cautious pro-lockdown posters re. this virus. So if even you think the WHO is erring on the pessimistic side, then I'm sure you'll find you're in the majority with this one.
      There are a few weird features in that article, not least this passage:

      But Smallwood cautioned that the UK “still has potential to develop its own sort of renewed resurgence of cases without any involvement from the rest of Europe”. She said the tough measures that have been in place for nearly two months were “what’s keeping the cases down at the moment – it’s not the vaccination”.
      Nearly two months? Those measures have been in place nationwide since the beginning of January so it’s well over three months, and where I live in Leeds it’s been largely that way since the end of October, the only major deviation in that time being whether or not schools were open. How recent was this interview?
    • #16146
      Moon Man Oxy McFloppie-Tish's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Location
      Truro
      Posts
      6,225


      0 Not allowed!
      One of my neighbours seems to think "...all adults have been asked to do 2 home Covid-19 tests a week...." . That's not true, is it? I understood people had been offered the opportunity, but that's not the same.
      Nobody wins unless everybody wins.
    • #16147
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      4,310


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Oxy McFloppie-Tish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      One of my neighbours seems to think "...all adults have been asked to do 2 home Covid-19 tests a week...." . That's not true, is it? I understood people had been offered the opportunity, but that's not the same.
      As far as I know it's every adult has the opportunity to take 2 tests per week. Nothing to say they have to
    • #16148
      Members nicko31's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Gods country fortnightly
      Posts
      12,072


      0 Not allowed!
      Another Covid disaster unfolding this time in India.

      And a nationalist-populists at the helm, USA (Trump), UK, Brazil, Hungary.....its almost like we're seeing a trend
      April 2016, Vote Leave - "We know that we can only safeguard business from EU red tape by leaving the EU "

      Jan 2021, HMRC - "Cost of customs declarations post Brexit, £7.5 Billion per annum"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •