Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It’s weird that it’s being claimed 71 is highest total since June though as this shows over 90 in August!

934328b91d46052372cc31ae2c7fe13d.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't post on this sub forum too often but here's my two pennyworth.

71 more deaths of people that have died within 28 days of a positive test. Massive jump and that's on a Monday when there normally seems to be a lag of reporting from the weekend!

There is a correlation between the easing of lockdown and the so called second wave. Positive tests on the rise which mean there is likely to be higher deaths in a couple of weeks.

It's all well and good banging on about the excess deaths at home but if you look at the chart, it was double in April which is almost certainly due to Covid deaths at home.

It's not a case of the alternatives being either hiding behind the sofa or everyone doing what they please. There is a middle ground but it seems some don't want to consider this. Wearing masks, washing hands etc social distancing. Unfortunately, in this country, there seems little enforcement of the rules by the Police so those that can get away with things do. That seems to be coming home to roost with the universities?

Finally, getting fed up with the those that are against lockdown banging on about Sweden! Stop comparing us to them. Instead, compare them to their near neighbours, Finland, Norway and Denmark. Each of those had lockdown measures and each had less than 700 deaths.

Edit. Also getting fed up with reference to flu deaths which can vary massively each year. 2018/19 there was only 1,692! The five yearly average is 15k, considerably less than the 40k plus we've had so far from Covid!

Apologies, only just remembered it was Tuesday as I was putting the recycling bin away!!!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It won't be long before the whole of the UK is in local lockdowns at this rate!

Have the people of Flintshire not been following the guidance/law?

Well I have as I haven’t been anywhere!

What I can’t understand is that 40 miles away Liverpool has something like 266 cases per 100,000 and latest figures for Flintshire is 45, yet from Thursday I can’t see my kids whereas Liverpool appears to be party central.

59a6f0ba743fb6cf9186d96800cec907.png

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well I have as I haven’t been anywhere!

What I can’t understand is that 40 miles away Liverpool has something like 266 cases per 100,000 and latest figures for Flintshire is 45, yet from Thursday I can’t see my kids whereas Liverpool appears to be party central.

Can imagine that kind of inconsistency is frustrating, Wales does seem to be taking a very cautious approach.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Can imagine that kind of inconsistency is frustrating, Wales does seem to be taking a very cautious approach.

Even more daft, my Motorhome is currently on a site in Anglesey. From Thursday I can’t visit whereas if the van next door is owned by someone from Liverpool or Manchester, with nearly 10 times the infection rate, they can.

The whole thing is a joke.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My optimism about the mutation to a less lethal variant isn't quite what it had been. Let's see what the next few days bring us.

I't'll be 'fukk all'.

The word on my street (where someone who has occupational access to one of the boffins lives) is that it hasn't weakened at all and it is still as dangerous as it was earlier this year. I am also told we have the version flown in from Italy, which genetic profiling or something reveals it to be naughtier than the original Wutang clan strain. Johnson is worried about the body count on his watch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I't'll be 'fukk all'.

The word on my street (where someone who has occupational access to one of the boffins lives) is that it hasn't weakened at all and it is still as dangerous as it was earlier this year. I am also told we have the version flown in from Italy, which genetic profiling or something reveals it to be naughtier than the original Wutang clan strain. Johnson is worried about the body count on his watch.

Mmmmm. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], who is a reliable and sensible assessor, with good judgement (in my view, but what do I know) thinks the evidence says 'no soft-cov mutation'. Let's give it another 10 days......

If the bad news is true the 'let's get back to, er, er, normal' narrative is about to vanish like 'sunny uplands'. Anyway, hard Brexit follows in January. Will Boris blame the tanking of the UK (economy and everything else) on Covid, I wonder? Over to you Boris, Big Man (aka the liar).

Haven't seen JCFG on NSC recently. That's weird. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Even more daft, my Motorhome is currently on a site in Anglesey. From Thursday I can’t visit whereas if the van next door is owned by someone from Liverpool or Manchester, with nearly 10 times the infection rate, they can.

The whole thing is a joke.

If, by that, you mean the high handed 'let them eat cake' load of old bollocks from a government even worse that Dave's, even more craven, narcissistic and ****ish then, yes, yes, you're right.

Still a fair chance they'll return victorious to lead us to the final race to the bottom, next GE, though.

This country is awash with stupid people. Some still arguing for 'stop all this restrictions silliness and let's get back to work'. I can't believe they are evil but I struggle to accept they are that stupid. Oh well.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If, by that, you mean the high handed 'let them eat cake' load of old bollocks from a government even worse that Dave's, even more craven, narcissistic and ****ish then, yes, yes, you're right.

Still a fair chance they'll return victorious to lead us to the final race to the bottom, next GE, though.

This country is awash with stupid people. Some still arguing for 'stop all this restrictions silliness and let's get back to work'. I can't believe they are evil but I struggle to accept they are that stupid. Oh well.

It’s not just the Tories. The Welsh Government is Labour and they are proving to be just as useless with these stupid contradictory rules. The whole country is run by morons.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It’s not just the Tories. The Welsh Government is Labour and they are proving to be just as useless with these stupid contradictory rules. The whole country is run by morons.
He won't listen to that. I used to enjoy reading his stats and stuff during lockdown, now all he does is rant about Boris and the tories, as if Labour or anyone else would have done better. I should have him on ignore it is so boring.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I't'll be 'fukk all'.

This is a bit out of date from June but at that stage most infections had indeed come from Europe: Coronavirus came to UK 'on at least 1,300 separate occasions'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He won't listen to that. I used to enjoy reading his stats and stuff during lockdown, now all he does is rant about Boris and the tories, as if Labour or anyone else would have done better. I should have him on ignore it is so boring.

I listen to everything. Welsh labour are fools, then? OK, then. You had me won at 'Welsh'.

As for you? I look forward to a contribution of interest at your convenience. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here