Page 1902 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 902140218021852189218991900190119021903190419051912 ... LastLast
Results 19,011 to 19,020 of 19419

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy Fat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, it's weird how some people were saying a while ago that many of the public appeared to be suffering Stockholm Syndrome as they were scared of their captors.

Now it's in complete reverse! The government say "run free" and the public do with gay abandon and little thought for the consequences for them or others.
    There's a post over on the Colin Powell thread from a poster who suffers from the same cancer CP did I believe. To read that and see people not even make simple adjustments to their lives is saddening.
    Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by W.C. View Post
      Here in Japan we haven't had anything like the serious lockdowns that people in the UK have endured, and yet so many of you over there complain about wearing masks. It's mental
      I've had the misfortune of having to spend several of the last few days in and out of hospital. Apart from reinforcing my enormous admiration for anyone that works in that environment, it also highlighted that they all go about their work wearing masks {not just over the mouth, chin or ear either) 100% of the time. But a significant proportion of our population can't be bothered to wear them for a short while when in a shop or on public transport. I find it shameful

0 Not allowed!
      Good Morning Britain lead story this morning that we need to urgently speed up booster jabs in order to save Christmas. It's so frustrating that we didn't have to find ourselves in this position, when the media are again questioning if we need another lockdown.

Matthew Taylor chief of the NHS confederation scathing of the governments lack of action compared to our European friends and neighbours.

“The government ought to not just announce that we’re moving to plan B, but it should be plan B plus. We should do what’s in plan B in terms of masks … working from home, but also we should try to achieve the kind of national mobilisation that we achieved in the first and second waves, where the public went out of their way to support and help the health service.”
      Hands, face, space and fresh air....lets take this next step together safely

2 Not allowed!
      I'm absolutely gagging for my booster but the 6 months qualification delay means I have to wait until November.

Bring it on next month.

1 Not allowed!
      The graphics other than cases shown by Jenny Harries in the big picture didn’t seem alarming at all. Low plateauing by contrast to mountainous numbers in Waves 1 and 2. 4m have had booster doses already, 3.8m was yesterday’s total.

Calm before the storm?
      Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      The graphics other than cases shown by Jenny Harries in the big picture didn’t seem alarming at all. Low plateauing by contrast to mountainous numbers in Waves 1 and 2. 4m have had booster doses already, 3.8m was yesterday’s total.

Calm before the storm?
      Your inbox is full hun.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      Your inbox is full hun.
      Will purge it now!
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Am I watching Brighton or Barcelona?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by A1X View Post
      If he is accused of crimes aganst humanity, it's nothing to do with death rates. It's to do with them not liking him and not liking the way he didn't do what everyone else did.

The country with the worst record is Peru, 6,148 deaths per million, more than twice as many as Brazil. But their leader will, I dare say, get a pass because he ordered the earliest, strictest, and longest lockdown in South America. It killed more people, but was the "right" option.

Johnson followed SAGE's advice more or less down the line, and had a not much better record than the lunatic Bolsonaro who didn't believe the disease existed. Which suggests, first and foremost, that (unless you got everything bang on right before the disease even got here), human interaction of any sort made relatively little difference.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dsr-burnley View Post
      If he is accused of crimes aganst humanity, it's nothing to do with death rates. It's to do with them not liking him and not liking the way he didn't do what everyone else did.

The country with the worst record is Peru, 6,148 deaths per million, more than twice as many as Brazil. But their leader will, I dare say, get a pass because he ordered the earliest, strictest, and longest lockdown in South America. It killed more people, but was the "right" option.

Johnson followed SAGE's advice more or less down the line, and had a not much better record than the lunatic Bolsonaro who didn't believe the disease existed. Which suggests, first and foremost, that (unless you got everything bang on right before the disease even got here), human interaction of any sort made relatively little difference.
      Why would a Brazilian enquiry into the Brazilian government response to the Covid pandemic in Brazil criticise the Peruvian President?

As for 'human interaction of any sort made relatively little difference', I really think after 20 months of this if you haven't appreciated that the overwhelming majority of cases are caused by human interaction then I genuinely despair.
      Unreasonable drinker