Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If there was going to be a 2nd wave it would have happened right now. It hasn't and obviously there will be occasional local spikes but nothing to be concerned about lockdown being reintroduced.
Brave prediction. Let's see where we are in 3 weeks time. And again once the winter sets in.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
It’s always two more weeks.

Who knows

No one knows, but I am bored of the doomsayers now, when we were first locked down I felt a real change in the public, everyone seemed to pull together and I honestly thought we’d come out of all this a better nation for it.
But now as the restrictions are eased it seems even more divided, even up here in Horsham there is so much judging going on, and people predicting a second wave after every sunny weekend, when in actual fact people going out isn’t against the rules.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
By the way I don’t think there will be a second wave - yet, however seeing pictures like this today in London concern me, given the lack of distance between people and they said Cheltenham caused a massive spike in cases and that is mostly outdoors at close quarters as well, the rule is there when outside for a reason.

Hopefully nothing comes of it but those people should really not have done that, is it worth potentially catching a deadly virus for? Or potentially spreading it back to wherever you are from? I know it’s a touchy subject but during a pandemic it’s beyond belief to be honest that so people did this.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

No one knows, but I am bored of the doomsayers now, when we were first locked down I felt a real change in the public, everyone seemed to pull together and I honestly thought we’d come out of all this a better nation for it.
But now as the restrictions are eased it seems even more divided, even up here in Horsham there is so much judging going on, and people predicting a second wave after every sunny weekend, when in actual fact people going out isn’t against the rules.

I’m bored of the scaremongering, let’s see where we are - it seems every other nation is avoiding a second wave - but it’s hardly reported.

All doom and gloom.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
By the way I don’t think there will be a second wave - yet, however seeing pictures like this today in London concern me, given the lack of distance between people and they said Cheltenham caused a massive spike in cases and that is mostly outdoors at close quarters as well, the rule is there when outside for a reason.

Hopefully nothing comes of it but those people should really not have done that, is it worth potentially catching a deadly virus for? Or potentially spreading it back to wherever you are from? I know it’s a touchy subject but during a pandemic it’s beyond belief to be honest that so people did this.

Yes it had an air of invincibility about it ...I’m alright Jack nothings going to touch me ..well lets hope it doesnt ...and also all they come into contact with

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Interesting interview with a doctor on 5Live, Sunday from 23:03.
He pointed out that at the daily press briefing it was always said the government was 'following' advice from Sage.
From last week that is now 'listening' to advice from Sage.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’m sceptical of SAGE now, having read their meeting notes that were released from early March, Scientists can be wrong and it’s important to remember that but having read this and some of the notes they made from March and before I wouldn’t be shocked if the government had decided to broaden their spectrum of input with regards to decisions

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....tastrophe-five-months-SAGE-meeting-notes.html

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I’m sceptical of SAGE now, having read their meeting notes that were released from early March, Scientists can be wrong and it’s important to remember that but having read this and some of the notes they made from March and before I wouldn’t be shocked if the government had decided to broaden their spectrum of input with regards to decisions

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....tastrophe-five-months-SAGE-meeting-notes.html

That article appears to indicate, that while SAGE were a little slow off the mark, the government were even slower reacting when SAGE did start ringing the alarm bells...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I found this article to be really interesting. It may explain why people with heart conditions, or susceptible to strokes are being affected more than others.
The virus seems to be migrating from a lung disease into the blood stream.

[tweet]1267119897735290880[/tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Estimated 8000 new cases a day, track and trace system still in early stages of implementation (should be been done 2 months ago) and still no APP, R rate steady but not really falling, falling trust in the government, government now listening to science not following it

And we're easing the lock down too early, just like we locked down too late. I hope I'm wrong but 2nd spike seems inevitable...

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
And we're easing the lock down too early, just like we locked down too late. I hope I'm wrong but 2nd spike seems inevitable...

You sound like the hysteric women that post on the pictures of Brighton Beach that The Argus keep posting, is your name Karen By any chance, she posts saying there will definitely be a second spike, even though there’s no evidence anywhere in the world of one !

We know the virus doesn't like the sun and therefore as its summer here then infections won't rise,the only way a slight 2nd wave could happen is come October/November when it gets colder more stay in and normal flu season starts. Covid could flare up again and depending on immunity it could cause another big wave. If the experts are right in saying that immunity lasts only 6 months then again we could be in trouble. If a reliable vaccine is rolled out by then,then as like flu vaccine we may never need another lockdown.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We know the virus doesn't like the sun and therefore as its summer here then infections won't rise,the only way a slight 2nd wave could happen is come October/November when it gets colder more stay in and normal flu season starts. Covid could flare up again and depending on immunity it could cause another big wave. If the experts are right in saying that immunity lasts only 6 months then again we could be in trouble. If a reliable vaccine is rolled out by then,then as like flu vaccine we may never need another lockdown.

I was u Derek the impression that there was still doubt as to it's being seasonal

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I find that hard to believe given that Brazil is pretty warm and they are roaring up the wrong kind of league table. There may be a combination of it disliking various weather combinations but the sun on its own cannot hold true.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I find that hard to believe given that Brazil is pretty warm and they are roaring up the wrong kind of league table. There may be a combination of it disliking various weather combinations but the sun on its own cannot hold true.

It would make Trumps idea of shining a torch at yourself all day nearer the truth :moo:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

In many hot countries people spend far more time indoors, air conditioned, where viruses thrive. You can’t really conclude that because a country has a high infection rate and it’s hot and sunny, that it spreads out in the open in the sunshine.

It seems the science is this thing, like other viruses doesn’t survive long outside in sunshine (uv), and the spread outside is much less than inside. I’d be far more worried about car showrooms, work places, schools etc. than I would seeing pictures of a busy beach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here