Page 2117 of 2121 FirstFirst ... 111716172017206721072114211521162117211821192120 ... LastLast
Results 21,161 to 21,170 of 21206
    Im The Scatman

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laws/rules fatigue.

The vast majority of the public played the game, were socially responsible. Now living their lives again.
    Pretty easy to see why people won’t follow rules again as we are now seeing the complete carnage lockdowns and restrictions have caused.

No government will be dumb enough to do it again.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by worthingseagull123 View Post
      Think the days of mask wearing are over.

Too much apathy.
      If the government were to ever shut things down again, it would come back and the majority would obey. But the minority would be sizeabable Iím sure, not sure why. Itís just about preventing spread and if you canít go out and do anything then thatís likely to make a bigger difference I guess. Iím certain we havenít seen the last of lockdowns. Humanity is messing with nature like never before and migration off the scale. Can now fly none stop to Australia, you donít even need to take a break in Singapore to pass germs onto them! ;)
      ďEverything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know itís going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!Ē

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      I should have also added that it seems the hospital themselves feel itís more than a coincidence, as they have now restricted visiting to between 5 & 7pm of an evening, in I presume an attempt to keep all but the determined visitor away!
      The feedback I have on why Worthing Hospital removed the mask wearing rule, is that the bosses/consultants jointly deemed the risks (of severe illness) to now be negligible and that staff absences were at low and acceptable levels.

But they're all well aware that masks may return should a new wave adversely affect those two variables.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The feedback I have on why Worthing Hospital removed the mask wearing rule, is that the bosses/consultants jointly deemed the risks (of severe illness) to now be negligible and that staff absences were at low and acceptable levels.

But they're all well aware that masks may return should a new wave adversely affect those two variables.
      I’m still a little confused. Is that the risk to staff that is negligible?

1 Not allowed!
      I’m still a little confused. Is that the risk to staff that is negligible?
      That would be to all categories of people in or visiting hospitals, shirley? Consultants/CEO's wouldn't cavalierly deem let's abandon masks if the staff are safe, but patients are at risk of severe illness/death FROM (not with) Covid. I'd hope.

You and I don't work for the NHS, so it's hard to say exactly.

Pharmacists and GP surgeries around here similarly dropped the masks rule a while back now.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      That would be to all categories of people in or visiting hospitals, shirley? Consultants/CEO's wouldn't cavalierly deem let's abandon masks if the staff are safe, but patients are at risk of severe illness/death FROM (not with) Covid. I'd hope.

You and I don't work for the NHS, so it's hard to say exactly.

Pharmacists and GP surgeries around here similarly dropped the masks rule a while back now.
      That is a little surprising, as there are certainly departments, like Oncology, where the risk clearly isn't negligible. Maybe those departments have different rules!

0 Not allowed!
      That is a little surprising, as there are certainly departments, like Oncology, where the risk clearly isn't negligible. Maybe those departments have different rules!
      Mrs.W has never worked in Oncology, I wouldn't have a clue about the latest mask and visitation rules in those parts. Presumably tighter?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Mrs.W has never worked in Oncology, I wouldn't have a clue about the latest mask and visitation rules in those parts. Presumably tighter?
      OK, thank you that gives a bit more clarity if different departments offer different rules.

My youngest's SLT/OT have said while they no longer have to wear masks they will at parental request, which seems eminently sensible when working with vulnerable children.

0 Not allowed!
      I am not seeing masks littered on the floor on the streets now which is a very good thing

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by worthingseagull123 View Post
      I am not seeing masks littered on the floor on the streets now which is a very good thing
      I’m still seeing them all over the place …. supermarket car parks, near bins and in the gutter on bike rides.