Page 2121 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 11211621202120712111211821192120212121222123 LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,210 of 21223
    Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not yet because it was arranged by the Racecourse hub. As far as I know, it's for over 75s only but my last booster was in October.

@Westander Yes I was on the Racecourse list.
    My Mother gave the GP a buzz and was sorted the next day.

Is the phone line still active?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      My Mother gave the GP a buzz and was sorted the next day.

Is the phone line still active?
      I’ll try tomorrow.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      Word of the day is a reminder of 'ipsedixitism' (18th century): the assertion that something is 'fact' based on one person's opinion. Susie Dent
      Im The Scatman

2 Not allowed!
      Office for National Statistics (ONS)
      @ONS
      10,232 deaths were registered in England and Wales in the week ending 8 July 2022. This was 10.0% above the five-year average (928 excess deaths) http://ow.ly/j74j50JYS05

Of these, 423 mentioned #COVID19 on the death certificate, 91 more than in the previous week.

Will we get an investigation into what is driving these excess deaths?

1/3 cases of covid are of and not with - so it’s something else.

0 Not allowed!
      Much of it is available on the ONS website https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...auses-of-death

The only causes that are higher are heart disease, dementia, covid and 'non-defined.' Could some be due to the effects of the virus or the vaccine, or due to a delay in diagnosis? Probably too many variables at play to be certain.
      Last edited by cloud; 20-07-2022 at 17:01.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
      Much of it is available on the ONS website https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...auses-of-death

The only causes that are higher are heart disease, dementia, covid and 'non-defined.' Could some be due to the effects of the virus or the vaccine, or due to a delay in diagnosis? Probably too many variables at play to be certain.
      Some interesting downloads on that site and as you say so many variables to draw unequivocal conclusions

This was one that caught my attention

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nstatusengland

Deaths by vaccination status, England for the most recent month available - May 2022

Age standardized mortality rate per 100 thousand / person- years , All causes

Never Jabbed - 872.9

First dose at least 21 days ago - 1873.4

2nd dose between 21 days & 6 months ago - 1815.9

2nd dose at least 6 months ago - 1703.7

3rd dose less than 21 days ago - 2056

3rd dose at least 21 days ago - 797

Ever vaccinated - 822.6

-
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I realise, from the amount of time since anyone last posted on this forum, that everyone is now bored of, or is busy “living with Covid”, so this latest decision by the Department of Health may have passed them by.

The decision not to buy the anti-Covid drug, Evusheld has caused outrage in the vulnerable community and heightened their feelings of isolation.

This is nothing short of a National disgrace and a further kick in the teeth for those suffering from blood cancer and other conditions that make them extremely vulnerable to Covid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62516896

The Government’s argument is that there is insufficient evidence that Evusheld works against Omicron, despite the manufacturer Astra Zeneca saying there is real world evidence to the contrary. Yet on the same day this latest rebuttal was issued my wife was invited for her 7th dose of the Covid vaccine, which to date has created NO antibodies to Covid.

The Government’s own advice to the vulnerable regarding this is to have the vaccines, as “some protection is better than none” - yet they won’t apply the same maxim to a drug that is readily available and could offer many vulnerable people some degree of freedom.

500,000 people, forgotten, just like that... well, they were going to die soon anyway!

And if you need or would like a further sobering read, then this article from Blood Cancer U.K., detailing the scale of the number of deaths in the blood cancer community makes further reading and seems to fly in the face of the Government’s decision.

https://bloodcancer.org.uk/news/one-...-blood-cancer/

Right, you can all go back to ignoring it now!
      Last edited by darkwolf666; 13-08-2022 at 05:40.

2 Not allowed!
      Thanks for posting that Darkwolf . I have been diagnosed with Lymphoma so I read with interest and it is concerning. I am careful and don’t mix freely with people. I will keep an eye on that site.

1 Not allowed!
      It is still a danger to a section of the population and they should be looked after, not ignored.
      Unreasonable drinker
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Perfidious Albion View Post
      Thanks for posting that Darkwolf . I have been diagnosed with Lymphoma so I read with interest and it is concerning. I am careful and don’t mix freely with people. I will keep an eye on that site.
      Good luck!

Hope things go well for you...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by e77 View Post
      It is still a danger to a section of the population and they should be looked after, not ignored.
      Unfortunately as the Government have handed the decision on the use of Evusheld over to NICE to look into, then clearly the whole thing is being driven by cost.

Apparently Evusheld would cost £1500 per patient, per year - which with anywhere between 200,000 and 500,000 patients involved, is not an inconsiderable amount of money. However, to put that into context, Type 2 diabetes, a largely preventable condition, costs the NHS north of 10 billion per year.

The last data the ONS gave out said that 70% of people previously classified as being Clinically Extremely Vulnerable are still taking mitigations to keep themselves safe and a large percentage are worried about their day to day life and the future with the high prevalence of Covid in the community at large. Evusheld could give these people their life back - and their Freedom Day that all those healthy people craved for.

It will be interesting to see how NICE see this, and if it is seen as value for money, apparently they aren't due to make a decision until NEXT April, so another 8 months of isolating for many of the most vulnerable...

I don't hold out much hope of NICE coming to what I would hope to be the right decision though!