Page 2115 of 2115 FirstFirst ... 111516152015206521052112211321142115
Results 21,141 to 21,143 of 21143
    A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland's Heath Minister has urged the country to 'hold their nerve' amidst the current wave but if cases remain high I can certainly see a return to legislation on ask wearing indoors and on public transport.
    this will be interesting test of their resolve in Scotland. they about double the rate than England, and have the power to bring in mask and other mandates if they wish. so they can go ahead and legislate.
    The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
      Scotland's Heath Minister has urged the country to 'hold their nerve' amidst the current wave but if cases remain high I can certainly see a return to legislation on ask wearing indoors and on public transport.
      One hopes that any such return to compulsion would be accompanied by details statisitcs about why it's a good thing, why it works, showing comparisons with (say) England which has had far less stringent rules with little apparant difference in the numbers.

If they want to introduce mask wearing because it's a good thing that saves lives, that's fine if justified. If they want to do it just because they think they ought to do something and have no other ideas, I'd be less than impressed.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      I don't think they can. The temporary provision covered by the covonavirus act 2020 expired on 25th March 2022.

Any legislation brought in would have to go through a full act of parliament procedure.

At least in England
      Would have to go through parliament again, although I don't see it happening.
      Unreasonable drinker