Page 1885 of 1901 FirstFirst ... 885138517851835187518821883188418851886188718881895 ... LastLast
Results 18,841 to 18,850 of 19009

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone over 50 who refuses the vaccine is an idiot.

Any healthy young person who refuses the vaccine is merely making a personal choice.
    What about some aged 40 carries a bit of weight who likes booze and a few fags? Vax or not to vax?
    There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad....George Orwell

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      What about some aged 40 carries a bit of weight who likes booze and a few fags? Vax or not to vax?
      Definitely vax, as they are an at risk group due to being slightly older and unhealthy.

Although there is evidence (little reported for obvious reasons) that smoking does protect against covid.

0 Not allowed!
      Definitely vax, as they are an at risk group due to being slightly older and unhealthy.

Although there is evidence (little reported for obvious reasons) that smoking does protect against covid.
      Do you know why it's little reported...?

Because it ain't ****ing true...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7767126/

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41533-021-00223-1

https://hospitalhealthcare.com/covid...from-covid-19/

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy Fat View Post
      You can use Google to find 'evidence' for or against practically any subject if you want to. Similarly, if you want to, you can find through Google the acedemic studies which do support the link between nicotine and covid prevention.

I'm really not passionate enough about this particular subtopic to argue any more. Believe what you like. But there is clearly sufficient evidence which has resulted in ongoing clinical trials.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      You can use Google to find 'evidence' for or against practically any subject if you want to. Similarly, if you want to, you can find through Google the acedemic studies which do support the link between nicotine and covid prevention.

I'm really not passionate enough about this particular subtopic to argue any more. Believe what you like. But there is clearly sufficient evidence which has resulted in ongoing clinical trials.
      Didnít the French find that smokers were less likely to get Covid? I seem to remember
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Didnít the French find that smokers were less likely to get Covid? I seem to remember

0 Not allowed!

You’re not passionate about this, but were quite happy to throw this titbit into the conversation then walk away...

No there isn’t “evidence”, evidence proves something. Several inconclusive, flawed data trials have been run, which pointed towards a link but have since had a large shadow of doubt cast over them!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by loz View Post
      Even if true, which there is no proof it is, thatís a great trade off, donít catch Covid get cancer instead - and people baulk at the idea of taking the vaccine...!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by loz View Post
      Didn’t the French find that smokers were less likely to get Covid? I seem to remember
      Well that's a bit like saying people who jump off buildings are less likely to be hit by a car.

Smoking is a uniquely deadly activity and highly additive because of the presence of nicotine.

It damages lungs and causes the sort of respiratory issues that mean you probably don't want to catch Covid.

However when isolated nicotine is "relatively" harmless compared to smoking.

Some research says it may help against Covid but the jury is out. I'm not a scientist and don't understand the theory, but I've read there is some commonality with the cell receptors Covid binds to and nicotine may help block infection.

However the scientists have made it clear that if that led to more people taking up smoking the result for public health would be "catastrophic”.

2 Not allowed!
      i read that the first vacine is 75% effective and the second one is 95% efective so why dont we have the second one first and people will be saferer ? explain that boffins and so called medical experrts

Regards

DF