Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
What's absolutely batshit stupid, is that in three pubs over the weekend, you had 3 people who knew they could possibly have Covid yet still said, "sod it" and went a few pints anyway.

It takes 24-48 hours to get your results through, so that means they were either tested on Saturday or Sunday. They would've had to ring 111 prior to that to (at the bare minimum) get an appointment at a drive through centre, so would've needed to do that Friday at the earliest. BEFORE pubs had reopened.

Yup...Go to the pub for the first time for 4 months on Saturday wake up Sunday feeling a bit ropey, instead of thinking " I should not of had the last drink" going Oh it must be Covid ringing 111 getting a test on Monday getting the results back the same day ready for the news Tuesday morning, Hmmm something does not really add up.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sweden’s statistics continue to be a real head scratcher for me, cases were still increasing last month but deaths have plummeted as have ICU admissions. It seems to me as countries have hiked up testing numbers we can clearly see the virus isn’t as deadly as it seems.

907F78F1-0953-44BD-A4B8-F68AF8EB6117.pngBBE2D017-01FF-4607-A844-9CF9477B1537.png83FFD18C-7479-4780-8B2E-8C097FCCCE9A.png33BF8A58-116D-4FA3-BE73-8ED08993C909.png

Brings us on to the U.K, this really makes me wonder just how many people have the virus at the start of April, there were 5000 positive tests from 13k tests carried out and these were mainly people only ill enough to require a test in hospital.

The conservative estimates are 5% of those infected require hospital treatment, this implies well in excess 100000+ per day could have been being infected at the peak of infection, I think perhaps well in excess of that. Antibodies tests aren’t showing this but I believe and studies show there is more to being immune than just antibodies, most people don’t even require an antibody response to fight off the virus. If only we had the answers, quite frustrating that we don’t and may never know.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sweden’s statistics continue to be a real head scratcher for me, cases were still increasing last month but deaths have plummeted as have ICU admissions. It seems to me as countries have hiked up testing numbers we can clearly see the virus isn’t as deadly as it seems.

View attachment 125814View attachment 125815View attachment 125816View attachment 125817

Brings us on to the U.K, this really makes me wonder just how many people have the virus at the start of April, there were 5000 positive tests from 13k tests carried out and these were mainly people only ill enough to require a test in hospital.

The conservative estimates are 5% of those infected require hospital treatment, this implies well in excess 100000+ per day could have been being infected at the peak of infection, I think perhaps well in excess of that. Antibodies tests aren’t showing this but I believe and studies show there is more to being immune than just antibodies, most people don’t even require an antibody response to fight off the virus. If only we had the answers, quite frustrating that we don’t and may never know.

there is a mountain of bullshit involved here , the world economy has been severely rattled , governments have plunged themselves into huge debt. around the world .......if i had 100's of k super i'd be getting a bit worried to be honest , the huge amounts of money made available have not been magical out of thin air and sooner or later the piper will want to be paid.

are they going to turn round and say " so sorry peeps , we locked you up , lost you your job , ruined your year at uni , ****ed your business up, and it would appear we made a mistake "..?? are they bollox.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
there is a mountain of bullshit involved here , the world economy has been severely rattled , governments have plunged themselves into huge debt. around the world .......if i had 100's of k super i'd be getting a bit worried to be honest , the huge amounts of money made available have not been magical out of thin air and sooner or later the piper will want to be paid.

are they going to turn round and say " so sorry peeps , we locked you up , lost you your job , ruined your year at uni , ****ed your business up, and it would appear we made a mistake "..?? are they bollox.
:

clap::clap:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

View attachment 125814View attachment 125815View attachment 125816View attachment 125817

Deaths in states are staying around the same as well

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just heard the landlady from one of the pubs that has had to shut again.

“I don’t think anybody thought this would happen on the first weekend”

Yes. Yes we did. That’s exactly what many people thought.

I’d give us outside, three-four weeks before we are back in full lockdown. Or at least should be.

This is the new reality.

There will be people infected and places that have to close temporarily to disinfect and follow TT&T protocols, but unless infections start to rise exponentially again there absolutely won't be another full lockdown.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Deaths in states are staying around the same as well

In the early part of the spread, particularly in and around the New York and Washington (the state, not the city), the virus hit old people particularly badly, with care homes suffering.

In the current "surge" (Fauci says this is a surge of the first wave, not a second wave), it is predominantly younger people, with many in their 20s and 30s and, as we know, this demographic are more likely to have "good outcomes".

However, hospitals are filling up, and taken to its conclusion, this would cause death rates to begin to escalate if people are denied the help they require:

In Florida, 43 hospital ICU’s in 21 counties have hit capacity and show zero ICU beds available, according to data released by the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA). This includes hospitals in the following counties:

Miami-Dade (which includes the city of Miami)
Broward (which includes Fort Lauderdale)
Hillsborough (which includes Tampa)
Orange (which includes Orlando)
Another 32 hospitals show ICU bed availability of 10% or less, per the AHCA data.

In addition, 14 hospitals have hit capacity of non-ICU hospital beds and another 54 hospitals have 10% or less non-ICU hospital beds available.​

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1280534345896407044[/TWEET]

Shaft!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I trust their MP will be calling on the Government to impose a local lockdown soon?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Surely much like when this happened at a Somerset hospital a few weeks ago this is the system working as it should. Problem identified, measures taken to control it

partially, hospital infection containment process are suspect.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
gyms and swimming pools opening the end of the month.

Will perk the 2nd wave crew up .

Off the back of the numbers constantly falling , nearly there

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yup...Go to the pub for the first time for 4 months on Saturday wake up Sunday feeling a bit ropey, instead of thinking " I should not of had the last drink" going Oh it must be Covid ringing 111 getting a test on Monday getting the results back the same day ready for the news Tuesday morning, Hmmm something does not really add up.

Hang on, that's a little bit presumptuous.

It is more than possible that each of those that tested positive were NHS workers who are tested regularly and then go about their business until they are told they are positive. This could well be the case here!
You can't expect people who are tested regularly to just sit at home, just in case. The fact that in each case they notified the pubs involved speaks volumes as to their sincerity and common sense...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here