Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61530974

Nikki Sturgeon tests positive for Covid.

:nono:

Get well soon First Minister. Sturgeon will as per government guidelines now isolate for a period of time and her close contacts are all getting tested to limit the spread.

Yoda

English & European
[tweet]1517162093442609152[/tweet]

Like I said, would like to compare to ONS data when it catches up. That has only just got to the end of March. Now if you do not mind, I would like to enjoy the rest of my time in Portugal. :p

I completely forgot to look back at this data when it became available, and as much as I suspected, Daily deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate by date of death 7 day average on the 21st April was 148.4.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
My suspicion is there won't be any further Covid restrictions put in place but if you do have to wear a mask on public transport come Winter then stop moaning and wear one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amen.

You wont ever get me in a mask or being locked down again.

I didn’t think you ever wore one, or stayed locked down anyway ?

Anyway…

Twice in the last month I’ve had all the symptoms of covid, dry chesty cough, cold like symptoms, fevers, sore throat. But all lateral flows have been negative. Very odd as it’s been so close together and generally I’m rarely ill but it’s knocked me for 6 both times now.

I did have covid in Feb as well

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
My suspicion is there won't be any further Covid restrictions put in place but if you do have to wear a mask on public transport come Winter then stop moaning and wear one.

Scotland's Heath Minister has urged the country to 'hold their nerve' amidst the current wave but if cases remain high I can certainly see a return to legislation on ask wearing indoors and on public transport.

Yoda

English & European
Scotland's Heath Minister has urged the country to 'hold their nerve' amidst the current wave but if cases remain high I can certainly see a return to legislation on ask wearing indoors and on public transport.

I don't think they can. The temporary provision covered by the covonavirus act 2020 expired on 25th March 2022.

Any legislation brought in would have to go through a full act of parliament procedure.

At least in England

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here