Page 1643 of 1699 FirstFirst ... 6431143154315931633164016411642164316441645164616531693 ... LastLast
Results 16,421 to 16,430 of 16986

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomised View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately that's it in a nutshell. Modelling will always include the extremes and in terms of the media it is those extremes that sell units and in terms of those who worry about such things they seem to thrive on those extremes to fuel their panic
    Yes.

This.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by atomised View Post
      Unfortunately that's it in a nutshell. Modelling will always include the extremes and in terms of the media it is those extremes that sell units and in terms of those who worry about such things they seem to thrive on those extremes to fuel their panic
      100% this. I have tried to convince my wife to stay away from Facebook, newsfeeds and even the TV news, as they all have an agenda of sensationalism to gain audience points.

Unfortunately this style of modelling and reporting of it scares those who are extremely vulnerable, and donít know how well the vaccine will work, shitless... they really should give some balance to the reporting!
      Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      Politics For All
      @PoliticsForAlI
      Police cars revolving light | NEW: The majority of patients recently admitted to Bolton Hospital with coronavirus were eligible for the vaccine, but hadn’t had one

Via
      @Independent

If true, we shouldn’t slow down anything for this

Edit: I realise some can’t take it on medical grounds
      Last edited by Kinky Gerbils; 15-05-2021 at 14:40.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      Politics For All
      @PoliticsForAlI
      Police cars revolving light | NEW: The majority of patients recently admitted to Bolton Hospital with coronavirus were eligible for the vaccine, but hadnít had one

Via
      @Independent

If true, we shouldnít slow down anything for this
      Coincidentally the only anti-vaxx nutter I know lives in Bolton.

Maybe there is a dodgy local Dr Facebook group up there.
      Out of contract June 2021 : Welbeck

NSC Cancelled (ignore ) list : Baker lite, Pretty pink fairy
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Politics For All
      @PoliticsForAlI
      Police cars revolving light | NEW: The majority of patients recently admitted to Bolton Hospital with coronavirus were eligible for the vaccine, but hadnít had one

Via
      @Independent

If true, we shouldnít slow down anything for this
      I'm also reading that some people hospitalised in Glasgow who have this new variant,also had the vaccine. I suppose we just have to wait and see.
      Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      I'm also reading that some people hospitalised in Glasgow who have this new variant,also had the vaccine. I suppose we just have to wait and see.
      Itís a shame they left the ages out the report.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Itís a shame they left the ages out the report.
      Yes, it would be helpful to know. If nothing changes in the next few weeks, I would say we are safe. The country really can't be doing another lockdown.
      Members

1 Not allowed!

Am I watching Brighton or Barcelona?

0 Not allowed!
      https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ax-covid-rules

Mounting pressure now from the scientific community to scrap Mondays relaxations, I fear BJ has learned nothing from the previous waves though.

4 tests, only 3 met
      Last edited by crodonilson; 15-05-2021 at 23:31.
      Hands, face, space and fresh air....lets take this next step together safely

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
      https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ax-covid-rules

Mounting pressure now from the scientific community to scrap Mondays relaxations, I fear BJ has learned nothing from the previous waves though.

4 tests, only 3 met
      At present there are about 16 million people unvaccinated, if opening up is delayed another two weeks it will be 14 million. It's quite obvious that this proposed delay isn't because they think 14m at risk is OK while 16m isn't; it's because they want lockdown to carry on for as long as possible, whatever the cost may be.

Numbers again. I'm going since October 2020 since that was roughly when there was enough testing to give a reasonably reliable number of cases. Though obviously a lot of cases would have been missed, especially among the asymptomatic young.

Since October 2020, approximately 2 million people in the age group 15-44 have tested positive for coronavirus. Of those 2 million, 984 have died. I do not know how many of those 984 were already on the vulnerable list, but anecdotal evidence suggests about half.

But even ignoring the already-vulnerable from this calculation, if every single one of the remaining 16m unvaccinated people gets coronavirus, and since most of them are in the 15-44 age group we can assume the total deaths at the same rate would be 4,000-8,000. IF literally everyone gets it. Obviously not everyone is going to get it, partly because viruses don't work that way, partly because the vaccination programme is still going on.

Is there any level at which the cure can be said to be worse than the disease? I think we are already at the "cars-kill-2000-per-year-so-let's-abolish-cars" level. Introducing new lockdowns just because some scientists don't know what is going to happen, will do more harm than good.