Page 1235 of 1329 FirstFirst ... 235735113511851225123212331234123512361237123812451285 ... LastLast
Results 12,341 to 12,350 of 13290
  1. #12341
    A. Virgo, Football Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    29,133


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Completely agree. What we need is accurate, understandable data so that we can go about our lives safely. What we have is a complete fog. Partly this is the media, doing what they do to chase clicks and headlines. Partly it's also about the official figures. Personally I think hospitalisations is a good first indicator of an actual increase in cases. As far as I can tell, they are heading in the right direction in the south east
    public needs less data, more information and guidance. too much data has circulated without sufficent understanding, news feeding daily, hourly updates with supercede, correct or overwise invalidate previous data has created a lot of confusion. and thats before we get to misinformation, undue weight given to isolated stories. a case study for irresponsible media and needing to limit their output.
    The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12342
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      Sittingbourne, Kent
      Posts
      5,623


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      public needs less data, more information and guidance. too much data has circulated without sufficent understanding, news feeding daily, hourly updates with supercede, correct or overwise invalidate previous data has created a lot of confusion. and thats before we get to misinformation, undue weight given to isolated stories. a case study for irresponsible media and needing to limit their output.
      And a government that can get joined up thinking and provide accurate figures so the news agencies you seem to blame wouldn't be playing a guessing game!

      Oh and when you say "limit their output" do you mean censorship? Are you Donald Trump or Dominic Cummings in disguise?
    • #12343
      A. Virgo, Football Genius
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      29,133


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And a government that can get joined up thinking and provide accurate figures so the news agencies you seem to blame wouldn't be playing a guessing game!

      Oh and when you say "limit their output" do you mean censorship? Are you Donald Trump or Dominic Cummings in disguise?
      it would certainly help having consistent numbers from government and the many departments, not 3-6 sources (PHE, NHS England, ONS, Scottish, Welsh, NI health). ONS is the one to trust but delayed, others are manipulated or fudged.

      and yes frankly censorship might be warranted in a case of a public health crisis. a great deal of "news" is nothing of the sort, its speculation and fear mongering. government and departments have been complicit in this too. the main objection though is to the news cycle, relaying news with such frequency that it is not checked or is out of date a few days later, so the overall news is blurred.
      The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.
    • #12344
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Location
      a galaxy far far away
      Posts
      4,903


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      it would certainly help having consistent numbers from government and the many departments, not 3-6 sources (PHE, NHS England, ONS, Scottish, Welsh, NI health). ONS is the one to trust but delayed, others are manipulated or fudged.

      and yes frankly censorship might be warranted in a case of a public health crisis. a great deal of "news" is nothing of the sort, its speculation and fear mongering. government and departments have been complicit in this too. the main objection though is to the news cycle, relaying news with such frequency that it is not checked or is out of date a few days later, so the overall news is blurred.
      Excellent point. Boris and Cummins can be relied on totally to provide this censorship for the greater good
    • #12345
      A. Virgo, Football Genius
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      29,133


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Excellent point. Boris and Cummins can be relied on totally to provide this censorship for the greater good
      unfortunatly that is the downside of this idea. we'd need someone to vet and censor government output too.
      The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.
    • #12346

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

      and yes frankly censorship might be warranted in a case of a public health crisis. a great deal of "news" is nothing of the sort, its speculation and fear mongering. government and departments have been complicit in this too. the main objection though is to the news cycle, relaying news with such frequency that it is not checked or is out of date a few days later, so the overall news is blurred.
      Could you give some examples?
    • #12347
      Im The Scatman
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      hassocks
      Posts
      51,591


      1 Not allowed!
      We have a few people stranded in the U.K. at the moment due to the halting of most routes - Mainly Havana/ Lagos but a few from less easier places to get to such as Grenada.

      They have been contacted to say they have to leave the country by the end of their visa even if there is no way to get back home.

      When asked how the reply was pretty much “not our problem”

      What is wrong with the Gov? Braindead.
    • #12348
      tinky ****in winky sydney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      town full of eejits
      Posts
      13,029


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We have a few people stranded in the U.K. at the moment due to the halting of most routes - Mainly Havana/ Lagos but a few from less easier places to get to such as Grenada.

      They have been contacted to say they have to leave the country by the end of their visa even if there is no way to get back home.

      When asked how the reply was pretty much “not our problem”

      What is wrong with the Gov? Braindead.
      bloody ridiculous....braindead nails it.
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
    • #12349

      0 Not allowed!
      When was the last briefing? I feel like it was a while ago. Are we just getting on with it now? (Which is fine)
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
    • #12350
      Im The Scatman
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      hassocks
      Posts
      51,591

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •