Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Dicsussion Thread

Looking at Sky news, they estimate that 2/3 to 3/4 people who have died in this country had underlying health problems, and would have died shortly anyway.
IE the virus isn't the reason they died. Just looking at it at it in a different angle with some of worrying numbers from across the world.

Perspective may be useful - see final sentence below. All but 4/168 had underlying health conditions.......and those four were between 82 & 91.

Another 185 people have died after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK, taking the total to 769.

The new figures were recorded from between 5pm on Wednesday and 5pm on Thursday.

NHS England announced there had been 168 more deaths in England, up from 521, taking its tally to 689.

The patients who died in England were aged between 29 and 98, and all but four - who were aged between 82 and 91 - had underlying health conditions.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Looking at Sky news, they estimate that 2/3 to 3/4 people who have died in this country had underlying health problems, and would have died shortly anyway.
IE the virus isn't the reason they died. Just looking at it at it in a different angle with some of worrying numbers from across the world.

So next week the UK may have 100+ people dying every day who do not have an underlying health problem.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perspective may be useful - see final sentence below. All but 4/168 had underlying health conditions.......and those four were between 82 & 91.

Another 185 people have died after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK, taking the total to 769.

The new figures were recorded from between 5pm on Wednesday and 5pm on Thursday.

NHS England announced there had been 168 more deaths in England, up from 521, taking its tally to 689.

The patients who died in England were aged between 29 and 98, and all but four - who were aged between 82 and 91 - had underlying health conditions.
There's just not enough detail in 'had underlying health conditions'. A 30-year-old with asthma could die because of the virus. Let's not suddenly pretend they were going to die anyway.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
EUI7lRUXQAEBeRK.jpg

(via @PadraigBelton on Twitter

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The problem with ‘underlying health issues’ is what I said on this thread earlier, it’s such a wide envelope, most people over 50 have at least one ailment or illness, obviously primarily here we are talking about underlying lung issues or severe illnesses like cancer or heart conditions but it’s such a broad envelope, underlying conditions could mean anything really.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who was pretending (but you knew that anyway)......
No I didn't know that's what you meant.

Answer here:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
How’s everyone doing today?

two nurses in the house , 70 cruise patrons from a German ship docked at Fremantle being brought to the local police academy having been taken off the boat displaying respiratory problems....if the deteriorate they will end up in the hospital where my wife and daughter work.....there are 5 more cruise ships off the coast waiting instructions........this is madness , if you are on wattsapp i can send you vids of the length to which the chinese went to contain this virus pretty extreme by anyones standards.......but us with our benevolent , western , brotherly love are waltzing our loved ones straight into the firing line.....so the answer to your question is tense , incredulous , angry at politics , angry at the chinese........it's just surreal what is going on, like watching a film.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The problem with ‘underlying health issues’ is what I said on this thread earlier, it’s such a wide envelope, most people over 50 have at least one ailment or illness, obviously primarily here we are talking about underlying lung issues or severe illnesses like cancer or heart conditions but it’s such a broad envelope, underlying conditions could mean anything really.

one of the passengers taken off the Ruby Princess in Sydney earlier in the week was a "seemingly fit 70 year old in good shape".....passed out in hospital and died 3 days later........it really isn't that simple unfortunately.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
two nurses in the house , 70 cruise patrons from a German ship docked at Fremantle being brought to the local police academy having been taken off the boat displaying respiratory problems....if the deteriorate they will end up in the hospital where my wife and daughter work.....there are 5 more cruise ships off the coast waiting instructions........this is madness , if you are on wattsapp i can send you vids of the length to which the chinese went to contain this virus pretty extreme by anyones standards.......but us with our benevolent , western , brotherly love are waltzing our loved ones straight into the firing line.....so the answer to your question is tense , incredulous , angry at politics , angry at the chinese........it's just surreal what is going on, like watching a film.

Well if it’s any consolation I came back on to nights at the refuge tonight and have already been told to F off three times by a resident.
It’s why we do it :)

Funnily enough my Brother lives in China and has been telling me about the lockdown. There’s no messing about.

All the best to you and the nurses in your family, stay safe

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well if it’s any consolation I came back on to nights at the refuge tonight and have already been told to F off three times by a resident.
It’s why we do it :)

Funnily enough my Brother lives in China and has been telling me about the lockdown. There’s no messing about.

All the best to you and the nurses in your family, stay safe

and you mate ...hope this all passes in due course....i'm in 2 minds really, the Aus govt. has basically handed over control to a Covid board of commission comprising CEO s from big business , not one medical or scientific professional on there , they have been handed control of the reserve bank , federal and state police and also the military.. non life saving surgery cancelled and 100's of nurses stood down..people are calling it a coup........bloody unreal mate.

i know we've locked horns in the past but i'm sure we'd get on in the real world....take care

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
and you mate ...hope this all passes in due course....i'm in 2 minds really, the Aus govt. has basically handed over control to a Covid board of commission comprising CEO s from big business , not one medical or scientific professional on there , they have been handed control of the reserve bank , federal and state police and also the military.. non life saving surgery cancelled and 100's of nurses stood down..people are calling it a coup........bloody unreal mate.

i know we've locked horns in the past but i'm sure we'd get on in the real world....take care
That sound a bit odd!

I suppose we won’t know who has done the right thing til it all shakes out in the end.

Yep, I’m sure we would mate, take care. It’s all a bit bloody bonkers!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
one of the passengers taken off the Ruby Princess in Sydney earlier in the week was a "seemingly fit 70 year old in good shape".....passed out in hospital and died 3 days later........it really isn't that simple unfortunately.
:annoyed: #goingtodieanyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here