Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'm guessing that if they have they won't be looking at NSC right now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An chance he's deadly in front of goal?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Unfortunately whenever i hear about it it justs reminds me of that Busta Rhymes song and internally i'm singing Wuhan Wuhan I got you all in check

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's only killed those with weakened immune systems, from what I've read. It's bad but not yet fatal unless you've got some underlying medical issue.

Did read something earlier that said the global authorities are worried it's still mutating or whatever.

Knew I shouldn't have read The Stand to start the year.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
They found a case in Seattle, bought in by a Chinese visitor. Unfortunately he arrived 2 days before the US put special screenings in place.

They have just put similar screenings in at Vancouver airport, pretty concerning as it's highly contagious and only takes one person to cross his path and then drive up to Vancouver and spread it here.

EDIT: China has halted all travel in and out of Wuhan, a city of 11 million people. All roads, buses, subways, airports and ferries have all been closed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pretty scary stuff, must be bad, the response has been very fast compared to the response to Sars a few years back. Even more worrying when you consider the response to Ebola which was supposedly deadly. Someone knows this is serious.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Supposedly 1 case in NYC - not confirmed yet

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Supposedly 1 case in NYC - not confirmed yet

The interconnectivity of global movement means this can be around the globe almost before we realise it, anyone else remember reading The Gaia Hypothesis ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
with no treatments available this could really be serious

Don’t think so, this is just another minor scare. All these periodic viruses rarely kill more than a few nun died worldwide yet the media goes nuts about 2 deaths in China, a country with 3 billion people. I bet 2 people fell off ladders and died in China in last hour alone. Nah, seen and heard enough of these ‘outbreaks’ during my life to know this will pass without too much alarm. Yes I am being complacent but only because I’m right. We love an end of the world is nigh story and Hollywood has an awful lot to answer for!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pretty scary stuff, must be bad, the response has been very fast compared to the response to Sars a few years back. Even more worrying when you consider the response to Ebola which was supposedly deadly. Someone knows this is serious.

Be ok Veggie, lost count of the number of we’re due another Spanish Flu type scares over the years. In a years time we’ll look back and this will be the same. :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Be ok Veggie, lost count of the number of we’re due another Spanish Flu type scares over the years. In a years time we’ll look back and this will be the same. :thumbsup:

Glad you are this confident , would be awful if you were wrong though..... and one day you will be.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Genuine science / medicine question here - why do these global epidemics always seem to originate in the Far East or more specifically China? SARS, bird flu and now this have all started out there.

China’s a diverse country; parts are incredibly densely populated yet prosperous, others more isolated but deprived. Many towns and cities will no doubt be a blend of those extremes. You could probably apply the same to India for instance though, and yet we don’t seem to see the development of new viruses or diseases there in the same way.

So, yeah, why China?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here