Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
35 people apparently can get infected every five seconds if near someone who has it, scary stuff.

That sounds like a Facebook “fact”. You don’t get it by just by being near someone. You have to touch something they have touched (and then touch your mouth/nose/eyes) or they cough or sneeze at you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That sounds like a Facebook “fact”. You don’t get it by just by being near someone. You have to touch something they have touched (and then touch your mouth/nose/eyes) or they cough or sneeze at you.

Exactly.
How long ago did the Brighton doctor go into isolation, and the practise in Hollingbury close down? Two weeks?
Unless the press is suppressing the news, I would have expected 50% of Brighton to be infected by now reading some of the posts in this thread.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Look, it's going to kill us all in the very near future. FACT.

Let's all just have a lovely weekend thrashing the filth on Saturday, then what will be, will be.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
This was originally thought to have originated from animals, got to hope this is their revenge for us screwing them and their habitats. Equalling the balance of nature. # TeamPangolin

D

Deleted member 22389

Also possibly relevant is the fact that on the continent people are far more intimate in their greetings. Regardless of gender, everyone kisses everyone else, where we would give a good old British nod from a distance. May have played a role in size and speed of the Italy outbreak.

Good point and a possible reason for the spread. Yes it's quite normal to kiss men and women on both checks. Only do it in Italy.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Exactly.
How long ago did the Brighton doctor go into isolation, and the practise in Hollingbury close down? Two weeks?
Unless the press is suppressing the news, I would have expected 50% of Brighton to be infected by now reading some of the posts in this thread.

I think the virus is only super contagious for a short time. My friend was with the Super Spreader when he contracted it in Singapore (as were a number of folk from Sussex), he only became contagious once he’d arrived in France at his Doctor friend’s chalet where he gave it to pretty much everyone there.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A woman working as a tour bus guide in Japan has tested positive for coronavirus for a second time, in what authorities say is the first such case.

The woman, in her 40s and a resident of Osaka in western Japan, tested positive on Wednesday after developing a sore throat and chest pains, the prefectural government said. She first tested positive on 29 January and was discharged from the hospital after recovering on 1 February, before testing negative on 6 February.

The health ministry confirmed the case was the first in Japan where a patient tested positive for coronavirus for a second time after being discharged from hospital, Japanese media said.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't work for the WHO but I have been doing football accumulators for years so appreciate how numbers can rapidly increase.:smile:
That's basically the same thing, we need to get you on the news pronto!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the virus is only super contagious for a short time. My friend was with the Super Spreader when he contracted it in Singapore (as were a number of folk from Sussex), he only became contagious once he’d arrived in France at his Doctor friend’s chalet where he gave it to pretty much everyone there.
But he was a super-spreader, and he managed to infect 11 people in total (most only infect 2 others), not 35 people in 5 seconds.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Where abouts are you sitting on Saturday?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good point and a possible reason for the spread. Yes it's quite normal to kiss men and women on both checks. Only do it in Italy.

Not just Italy, France and spain too.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cheltenham festival now in doubt, going to have a big impact on sporting fixtures through the spring.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The Stock Market are not liking this, yet another big fall this morning, ....we could be tipped back in to a recession very quickly if this keeps up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c9qdqqkgz27t/ftse-100

Indeed; my pension fund and other holdings have taken a right bashing so far this week and it is still only Thursday A.M.!:ohmy:
No point in panicking, just got to weather the storm and hope for a relatively quick recovery when this wretched virus shows signs of being contained.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here