Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Covid-19 is probably being spread through the air.
The incubation period of Covid-19 is probably up to 24 days.
Covid-19 can probably be spread asymptomatically.
Covid-19 tests are probably producing false negative results.
There is some evidence you can be reinfected after you have had it.
Hopefully we have seen the last case in the UK but I would think that is very unlikely.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I see Corona Extra are going to have to re-brand

corona-internal.jpg

Who's for an Ebola extra :drink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Covid-19 is probably being spread through the air.
The incubation period of Covid-19 is probably up to 24 days.
Covid-19 can probably be spread asymptomatically.
Covid-19 tests are probably producing false negative results.
There is some evidence you can be reinfected after you have had it.
Hopefully we have seen the last case in the UK but I would think that is very unlikely.

What is your source for these claims?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Racist attack on a Thai man in London, shouting coronavirus in his face.

Scotland Yard said: “Police are investigating an aggravated robbery committed in Fulham. The victim, a 24-year-old man, reported being racially abused by an unknown male suspect in Fulham Road, SW6. A second male suspect approached the victim from behind and stole his headphones and then assaulted him. The victim sustained a broken nose and received hospital treatment.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...us-first-british-attack-victim-east-asian-man

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I've just read that article and it seems there is a particular kit which can give a false negative. Other methods are also used like xrays etc.

Yes I agree, it does appear to be an issue with a particular kit. It also appears that in certain individuals and under certain conditions the virus sits deep in the lungs and not in the nasal or throat passages where swabs for testing are taken from. So x-rays would help in these cases (if the virus had infected the lung sufficiently to show on an x-ray). The other option is to sample tissue from the lungs but this is a much more invasive process.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Selected moments from the Event 201 pandemic tabletop exercise hosted by The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated the pandemic preparedness efforts needed to diminish the large-scale economic and societal consequences of a severe pandemic.

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/about

I am not saying that this is a conspiracy.

It's just a coincidence.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
EQ8vqF_X0AM-P3k

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Got the inside story about the party in Singapore that took Covid-19 to France and then England.

The behaviour by the press to get their names was absolutely ****ing shocking! The Argus in particular, c***s!

D

Deleted member 22389

Cases in south Korea suggest the horse has bolted.

It's not looking good now. Two people have also died in Italy, villages and towns being shut down. That British couple have now got pneumonia, hope they get through this. Must be so frustrating and frightening for them.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Not sure what happens next. Containment has failed. Out of control in South Korea, and looks like its about to explode in Italy, they were at 3 cases yesterday, now up to almost 60.
People saying "its no worse then flu" - have you not seen how health care workers are treating patients across the world and still getting infected?
Far too late now but people should of woken up to this 6 weeks ago.
Even restrictions to affected countries will no, longer work as the virus is almost certainly already here, spreading undetected (again)

If there is such a thing - God help us.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah shit is hitting the fan.. and I have this feeling there is something we're not being told in order to avoid panic, there's something weird about China locking down whole cities because of a disease reportedly not much deadlier or more contagious than the average flu.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here