Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When did you sense the wheels could be coming off?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Duffy is allowed to leave in this window leaving Webster to partner Dunk at least until Burn is fully fit then the potential is there for at least 2 wheels to come off before Easter.

I believe Bernardo can also play CB - but no, I don't really want to try going their either.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
At the start of the season when we weren't getting the points we should have done, W Ham at home, Burnley, even Villa away

Villa away for me. Not wheels coming off exactly, but just seeing Potter's blind faith/arrogance that having lost an important midfielder, he thought he would go against all sensible wisdom and keep playing 2 forwards instead of immediately sacrificing a forward for a midfielder, especially as we were already one up. Maybe you can get away with that in Sweden but not in the EPL, even Pep at City took of Aguero off when their keeper was sent off recently, (although to be fair, City still lost).

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Sheffield United manager completely owning potter which is the carbon copy for everyone else against us.

If maupay didn’t miss in the last min against Chelsea we would probably have picked up a win v villa or Bournemouth too though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Sheffield United manager completely owning potter which is the carbon copy for everyone else against us.

If maupay didn’t miss in the last min against Chelsea we would probably have picked up a win v villa or Bournemouth too though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think about that miss quite a lot. If it had gone in I think we'd have been on a high going into the
next game and not looked back.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Up until as recently as the Villa game I was near enough 100% confident we had enough to stay up with a bit to spare. But after dropping points in that game (again) and last night’s unmitigated cluster**** I’m now 50/50 and even that might be overly optimistic looking at forthcoming fixtures.

I know some had reached this position far sooner than me, so when did the alarm bells start ringing for you?

Back in September. Man City was the start of it. They should have scored 6 or 7. From here on the way we setup concerned me. I wrote this off because we were playing the Champions away. Then West Ham at home. Same shit. Terrible defending. This hasn't changed one bit. I knew in Sept we made a massive mistake appointing Potter. Called it a long time ago. I saw right through his flaws where many didn't.

People can be in denial all they want but he is taking us down. Wait and see. You will be watching Championship football next season.
Not me i'm calling it a day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This has been a defining round of games for me. Us losing to Bournemouth, Newcastle grabbing a draw from a defeat, Villa scoring a last minute winner and then Burnley beating United at Old Trafford.

We have gone from being in an uncomfortable position to being the team who can’t win whilst all around us can. Lose the next two or even just draw one of them and I think we’ll find ourselves in the bottom three. No new quality striker in the window and I think we’re down.

Things can change so quickly though, as we’ve seen over the last few games. Five point gap to the teams above us is a tall order to catch given our recent form.

Bizarrely I am still enjoying the ride though.

So in answer to the OP, last night when Burnley won.

Last edited:

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I started to lose faith in GP's team selection when he put Stephens back in the team after being injured. We've had 3 seasons of the Stephens and Propper m/f and it still doesn't work.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Back in September. Man City was the start of it. They should have scored 6 or 7. From here on the way we setup concerned me. I wrote this off because we were playing the Champions away. Then West Ham at home. Same shit. Terrible defending. This hasn't changed one bit. I knew in Sept we made a massive mistake appointing Potter. Called it a long time ago. I saw right through his flaws where many didn't.

People can be in denial all they want but he is taking us down. Wait and see. You will be watching Championship football next season.
Not me i'm calling it a day.

Hoofeckingray you won't be missed :moo:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When I heard all this top ten nonsense, the club got completely carried away after a few decent performances awarded Potter with a huge contract as they thought they had found the messiah.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I heard all this top ten nonsense, the club got completely carried away after a few decent performances awarded Potter with a huge contract as they thought they had found the messiah.

He’s not far off being a very naughty boy now

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The club had a 5 year plan for top 10 finish. The club also had a 5 year plan when we got promoted from League One to be in the Premiership.

Are you saying Tony Bloom is too ambitious ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Everton away. It was a horrible performance, with some bizarre positional switches at half time.

However, the brief sighting of Murray at the end, and the change in performance that coincided with it, at least gave me hope that he was going to be brought in more. 81st mnute appearance vs Villa, and nothing vs Bournemouth was not what I had in mind.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Probably the Sheffield United game at home. Yes it was only a 1-0 defeat but we were as poor in that game as I've seen us this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here