Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When did you sense the wheels could be coming off?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Up until as recently as the Villa game I was near enough 100% confident we had enough to stay up with a bit to spare. But after dropping points in that game (again) and last night’s unmitigated cluster**** I’m now 50/50 and even that might be overly optimistic looking at forthcoming fixtures.

I know some had reached this position far sooner than me, so when did the alarm bells start ringing for you?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
The Sheffield Wednesday cup game.

(I’m hoping the wheels jump back on again and we stay in the PL, but I'm a natural pessimist)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm exactly the same as you. Was really looking forward to the villa game and feeling confident we'd get some decent results over this period of vital games. Now feel pretty flat about everything and no confidence at all - esp. with other teams around us picking up points, some unexpected ones too

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think we have reached this position slowly; they have been working loose for months.

Still time to tighten them up though...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think the wheels have come off at all.

I just think the opposing teams know what to expect now and they combat it better.

The team are playing OK. Not brilliant but we'll enough to pick up enough points to stay up. Just need to get goals at the right time. The when you do get into the lead. That's the time to shut up shop and get Duffy on and play with an extra defender. Instead of chasing 2nd and third goal before conceding and handing momentum to the opposition because that's what a goal does. It gives opponents impetus

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think the wheels have come off at all.

I just think the opposing teams know what to expect now and they combat it better.

The team are playing OK. Not brilliant but we'll enough to pick up enough points to stay up. Just need to get goals at the right time. The when you do get into the lead. That's the time to shut up shop and get Duffy on and play with an extra defender. Instead of chasing 2nd and third goal before conceding and handing momentum to the opposition because that's what a goal does. It gives opponents impetus

Good to see your considered opinions, you could be sticking the knife in :smile:

Have to say I am a little surprised you are still a fan :thumbsup:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good to see your considered opinions, you could be sticking the knife in :smile:

Have to say I am a little surprised you are still a fan :thumbsup:

I wouldn't like to see Chris' 4 and half years of hard work going to waste.

If the Club get relegated at the first time of asking that's what it would feel like .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sheffield u at home before the game most were expecting routine home win and I was more worried about that than say Everton away. I said that wilder will know exactly how to play us and that's what happened. Since then we've been easy to deal with.

I genuinely thought Sheff Utd would win and had that down as a loss.

The NSC community surprised me with a blasé attitude towards Sheff Utd’s form, table position and I think many Albion fans rarely watch PL TV matches where we’re not involved so knew nothing of their successful approach to matches.

There are no routine wins for us in the PL. On each occasion over the last three seasons where a bottom half team visits, a loss or draw is a real possibility.

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
The way that GP set the team up against Man United which completely played into their hands and their favoured counter attacking style was an early warning sign regarding his tactical nous. Regarding the wheels coming off, not winning can become a habit and the Sheff Wed result and performance appears to have set the tone for the recent run.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The way that GP set the team up against Man United which completely played into their hands and their favoured counter attacking style was an early warning sign regarding his tactical nous. Regarding the wheels coming off, not winning can become a habit and the Sheff Wed result and performance appears to have set the tone for the recent run.

Ditto:
Etihad visit.

Our en masse attacking, everyone pushed up, against superior players set up for the counter.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This last week... these are the games we have to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here