Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When did you sense the wheels could be coming off?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s all ifs and buts... surely though, if Ramsdale hadn’t somehow got a hand to Maupay’s shot, then the whole dynamic changes. Likewise, pulling one back earlier would have made Bournemouth nervous, so we’ll never really know. The old cliche ‘goals change games’ has a lot of truth in it.

They certainly do, Bmuffs 3 were devastating.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'd be very worried if we put slicks on and still watered the pitch.

I'd say water the pitch to excess in front of the opposing teams goal (2nd half) and have like a slip & slide party during that half.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
They haven’t yet.

We have a relatively young and naive team, I feel like inconsistency is going to be a big part of this season. I have faith in GP that he is building something here.

Suspect we will pick up points in places we are not expecting too.

I’d like to see the fans doing something to encourage the players more though, far too much moaning and criticism for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They haven’t yet.

We have a relatively young and naive team, I feel like inconsistency is going to be a big part of this season. I have faith in GP that he is building something here.

Suspect we will pick up points in places we are not expecting too.

I’d like to see the fans doing something to encourage the players more though, far too much moaning and criticism for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where does all this time to build something, whilst dropping points, in the PL, come from exactly? The overwhelming evidence shows relegation = sacked, or even likelihood of relegation = sacked. Young (and I don’t think we are especially) naive (perhaps, and probably more so off the pitch) teams do tend to get relegated in the PL, there’s precious time to adjust. Learn and learn fast is the order of the day and we’ve not shown much of that / are more than half way through the season now. You also suspect we’ll “pick up points in places we’re not expecting”. Again, where’s the evidence to suggest this? Our away record is appalling over last three seasons, especially against bigger clubs. But there’s always the more winnable ones against smaller ones and fellow relegation candidates like, er, Bournemouth...

Goals win games and we just don’t score enough. Nor have we addressed this during the Jan window. I therefore don’t dismiss your hope for the best sentiments. I share them! However, positive thinking and singing songs isn’t going to be enough. We need to vastly improve skills and attributes in many areas because all the signs are we’re going down, there’s nothing to suggest we’ll pick up points where we don’t expect to and no manager gets the luxury of time at this level. Near instant success is demanded in the PL because there’s far too much money at stake. Just ask Chris Hughton!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Palace game....... just weakly and meekly let them run that 2nd half after failing to capitalise in the 1st half... a characterisation of our season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Palace game....... just weakly and meekly let them run that 2nd half after failing to capitalise in the 1st half... a characterisation of our season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you think Palace "ran" that second half then I dunno what game you were watching. They got desperate in the last 10-15 minutes and put us under, but other than that they did naff-all. We played some magnificent stuff that night, but you're right in that it was the same old story of not putting the opposition away when we were well on top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here