Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Who was your favourite Python ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With the sad news of the passing of the great Terry Jones it got me thinking as to who I liked best of the gang. Not just for their comedy - they’re all out there - but as people and how they come across. Palin for me.
Smashing chap.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Hulk Hogan and his 24 inch pythons

8FC97D26-0FE7-4EC7-86A2-5B36111AB842.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is going well.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It would be Terry Jones for me. Although all of them were great.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Palin. Jones was nice too. And Gilliam. Idle, too. and Chapman. I was also a fan of DNAYS, with Denise Coffey and, yes, David Jason.

Cleese however, despite the genius of his comedy, now sounds like a pompous old tit, and100% grizzling gammon, and I can't warm to him at all. He's the Paul McCartney of the Pythons; only a matter of time before he wants the writing credits changed to Cleese et al.

Apologies if that's a bit harsh.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
With the sad news of the passing of the great Terry Jones it got me thinking as to who I liked best of the gang. Not just for their comedy - they’re all out there - but as people and how they come across. Palin for me.
Smashing chap.

Palin for me too, Eric Idle after him. Great fan of Ripping Yarns and Rutland Weekend Television.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Palin. Jones was nice too. And Gilliam. Idle, too. and Chapman. I was also a fan of DNAYS, with Denise Coffey and, yes, David Jason.

Cleese however, despite the genius of his comedy, now sounds like a pompous old tit, and100% grizzling gammon, and I can't warm to him at all. He's the Paul McCartney of the Pythons; only a matter of time before he wants the writing credits changed to Cleese et al.

I agree with all of that Harry.... well the bit about Cleese.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Palin for me too, Eric Idle after him. Great fan of Ripping Yarns and Rutland Weekend Television.

Some of those Ripping Yarns are up there with the very best.

I’ve got a couple of mates from way back who still call me ‘School Bully ‘

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
By all accounts Palin is a lovely person and honorary Python Neil Innes was just as nice.

Lots of reports that Eric Idle is quite difficult and egocentric.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Difficult question. Gilliam made Brazil, Cleese made Fawlty Towers, Palin & Jones made Ripping Yarns and Palin was also in GBH. Idle wrote 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life' and Chapman's autobiography is both hilarious and tells the story of a troubled but very brave and compassionate man.

Lee Jackson? (Out of interest, here without Rod Stewart, songwriter David Bentley didn't like his own vocals).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRGR8bDjB_Y

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Bollocks to that, Cleese made me laugh more than any of them. He also went on to greater things after Python, McCartney turned to shit after the Beatles

Grrrr

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some of those Ripping Yarns are up there with the very best.

I’ve got a couple of mates from way back who still call me ‘School Bully ‘

I think that Golden Gordon is very appropriate for our current situation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here