Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we going down?

Are we going down?

• Not even close... We'll be PL next season!

Votes: 43 12.7%
  • We'll just make it. PL next season as well.

Votes: 189 55.9%
  • Panic. We're going down for sure.

Votes: 106 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Blimey, poll a week ago had 3% of us saying we'd be going down. Things change fast

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still on a relegation knife edge.

50/50 on which way it goes and yesterday was 1 more day of silence in the transfer window.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, poll a week ago had 3% of us saying we'd be going down. Things change fast

Throwing away the points against Villa and a mad 5 mins against Bournemouth probably have something to do with it. Two shit teams too. Other results going against us...it’s been a Blue week on the football side!

No sign of a striker signing either.

It’s a depressing week to be an Albion fan

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Throwing away the points against Villa and a mad 5 mins against Bournemouth probably have something to do with it. Two shit teams too. Other results going against us...it’s been a Blue week on the football side!

No sign of a striker signing either.

It’s a depressing week to be an Albion fan

Indeed, but we're not at of it. We have a good record at London Stadium (a toxic place) and Watford hopefully have now peaked

Need to keep the faith, we are loads better than this time last season but have to deliver

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed, but we're not at of it. We have a good record at London Stadium (a toxic place) and Watford hopefully have now peaked

Need to keep the faith, we are loads better than this time last season but have to deliver

Said before, I am actually still enjoying games this season, even if I do end up a little angry and upset by the end of them recently. We were always going to end up in a relegation battle, just hope we don’t get cut adrift over the next month.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If we don't get our defence sorted then yes we will go down.

The solution to that one is in our own hands. Allow Dan Burn to gallop around the pitch to his heart's content if that's what floats the manager's boat. But reinstate the BEDROCK partnership of Dunk-Duffy that kept us up last season. Oh, and stop dicking about at the back. It's not big, clever or holistic. It just introduces an unnecessary level of risk and is guaranteed to get the fans on the players backs earlydoors

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Definitely worried now due to the lethal combination of our poor form and the change in form of those that were (or are still) below us. Point in fact I recently put a pand on Southampton to be top 4 at 501/1 due to their transformation (now down to 250/1 so still a massive outsider but worth a wasted quid imo). The fact that we've gone from 10/1 to 4's shows the bookies were sleepwalking too.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I was saying to work colleagues that “we’re doomed!” (Dad’s Army style) since back in August.
It was a huge gamble to take and there was a chance it could backfire.
Chris Houghton did an amazing job getting us promoted but the style of football was only just about getting enough points to keep us up.
So we go for Graham Potter who had taken Swansea to a hardly impressive 10th in the championship but apparently was getting them playing a good style of football. The PL is just so demanding and tough and it was always going to be a very big gamble.
Now like everyone else, I’m desperately hoping I’m wrong and that we survive. But like many others I’m not certain we will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite a few. The goals have got to come sooner or later. Last year our shot stats were more often than not in single figures, rarely on target and even zero in at least one game (I think).

I agree about it being frustrating but it's way more exciting.

Not necessarily. Radio Sussex analysed this on Tuesday. For quite a while now Connolly and Maupay have been snatching at chances, showing a lack of composure in the key moments.

They need to bury that, when PL chances come their way at speed, often at very short notice after a ricochet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m a bit fearful having thought about it today.

I think Watford have enough about them, and the right manager, to pull clear. It will be interesting to see if they can quickly bounce back from the Villa disappointment though.

Bournemouth have enough good players and, courtesy of us, a timely confidence boost. I think they’ll be ok.

That leaves us, Villa and West Ham. It could come down to the effectiveness of recruits over the next week or so. Villa have not wanted any time in bringing players in, but their need was greater than ours due to injuries.

West Ham’s fixtures look horrendous, although they have the salivating prospect of us to pick up a nice easy three points soon.

Right now, until we know how the transfer window plays out, I fear we’ll be joining Norwich and West Ham in the Championship next season.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Although the odds have shortened, Oddschecker still have us as the 6th favourite for relegation (finishing 15th), so, statistically, according to them, Norwich, Bournemouth, Aston Villa, West Ham and Watford will still be below us. I bow to their input and superior knowledge.... Staying up - albeit with no fingernails left....

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Although the odds have shortened, Oddschecker still have us as the 6th favourite for relegation (finishing 15th), so, statistically, according to them, Norwich, Bournemouth, Aston Villa, West Ham and Watford will still be below us. I bow to their input and superior knowledge.... Staying up - albeit with no fingernails left....

We are probably in our 'slump' this season, which effectively started in December. I'd wager that we will have a run of good form soon.

It's worth noting that we have actually put in a decent performance in alot of games, not to be rewarded. I would include the Palace and Spurs matches as two examples of when we should have got more points than we did. We were only really shit against Sheff U in december, and Everton in Jan. We looked weak against Bournemouth, but actually on anther day those shots go in and we dont conceede at least one of those shit goals.

Historically we've actually performed about par - or better - against the teams we played. We always lose at Everton, and usually do at Bournemouth. We draw against villa. And we picked up a point for the first time against Chelsea.

We are suffering because we did not take our chances in the first few games of the season where we should have drawn/won them. Also 2 wins and a draw out of the next 4/5 and it starts to look different.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ask me after the next 2 games.

Six points and this relegation talk will seem absolutely laughable. Lose both and I don't see us staying up.

MisterE

Nov 2, 2009
Estimate36 points

W Ham - 1, Watford - 3, C Palace - 1, Man U - 1, Norwich - 1, Newcastle - 3, Burnley - 1. All the rest zero
Not enough me thinks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here