Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we going down?

Are we going down?

• Not even close... We'll be PL next season!

Votes: 43 12.7%
  • We'll just make it. PL next season as well.

Votes: 189 55.9%
  • Panic. We're going down for sure.

Votes: 106 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Depends if Potter gets a grip, if he does no, by our finger tips, of not we are sunk. Indicators will be whether Duffy and Murray start.

It's not looking good at the mo but I think last last season we will make it, with not much to spare

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's not even about how bad we are. It's just a stronger league this season and our luck has run out. There is not 3 worse teams in the league.

Down sadly as it stands.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Suspect we are yes.

Really wouldnt trust what we have when we fall intot he bottom 3. All others seem to have a bit of fight in them , we look dejected

Not sure how it will change but we certainly need to spend some money

Just dont know if thats the answr as out ability to get the right players in is questionable at best. We are not prepared to spend what it takes to get the real quality in

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On a knife edge.

Could go either way - we'll have a better idea after the Watford game on Feb 8th.

17 days to save our season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I genuinely don’t know. We could hit a vein of form after an unexpected win and climb the table. We could also completely implode starting with heavy defeats in the next two games.

All I do know is that we are in desperate need of some luck and for the ball to stop bouncing for the opposition. Kanes’s goal being the best example

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Depends if Potter gets a grip, if he does no, by our finger tips, of not we are sunk. Indicators will be whether Duffy and Murray start.

Have you completely forgotten how we played in the second half of last season, when both of those were regular starters?

And the PL is even tougher this season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No I don’t think we will we are in a dip that is for sure but there are other sides in and around us that are just as bad. We have shown what we are capable of in patches we have just not shown consistency across 90min if we can get that to click we will start picking up points.

We are in the mix but I believe we will come out of it and survive......just

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I just hope that if we DO go down, we do it with some dignity.

I know it is unlikely but other clubs relative to our size have gone down and the fans will applaud them off the pitch and appreciate that they have done their best. We are constantly on our players backs so I would expect a full scale riot if we go down.

Not so much that we should be grateful that we were even allowed to be in the Prem, I don't want little club syndrome. But lets appreciate how far we have come and how bloody difficult this league is

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Have you completely forgotten how we played in the second half of last season, when both of those were regular starters?

And the PL is even tougher this season.

No, remember them well. Hughton had to go, and I’m not wanting Potter to go or fail. To be clear I believe Duffy is a much better defender than Webster at the moment, the latter has lost his confidence and is impacting the back line and needs a rest. Duffy has seen this all before. Murray’s best days are long gone, but we are so thin up front having let two go at the start of the year that he has a role to play, and I don’t see that as snatched minutes, he needs time. We are in a relegation dog fight but pretending we aren’t

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Suspect we are yes.

Really wouldnt trust what we have when we fall intot he bottom 3. All others seem to have a bit of fight in them , we look dejected

Thing is, you won't know yet - until now we haven't looked in trouble (even though we really were always in the mix).

You suggest that Watford / Saints / Villa have shown more fight but they each had to reach the point of complete desperation before they started to show it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think we will be ok, but it's going to be close. Some real fine margins this season and it's incredibly tight. Southampton looked doomed and their fans must have been fearing the worse questioning where the next win was going to come from, now look at them.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't know, I really don't. I watch us play and think 'there's no way a team that can perform like this should be worried about relegation' - but then I look around us and wonder who exactly the three teams that will drop are, because Norwich aside every other team has qualities that can help them survive.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I don't know is the simple answer - nobody does.

It's fine margins - their keeper makes an excellent save at 0-0 - that goes i and we probably win comfortably.

At the moment, we concede first, we lose - especially away from home.

Management needs to look at the side he picks - picking AJ last night away from home was very strange - and IMO Duffy should have started - hindsight eh?

I understand some rotation, but he doesn't seem to know his best side.

IF I was a betting man I'd say we'll just be safe - and BTW B'muff will go down. (As will Norwich, so that only leave ones spot!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here