Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bring back Andone and Knocky

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yes they are both nut jobs, but they have a bit of crazy, are unpredictable and on their day are a nightmare to play against.

We really haven’t replaced these guys. My one consistent problem with GPS teams are that we’re just a bit too nice and polite at times.

I completely get that managing Andone and Knockeart is likely a nightmare. But I think we need an injection of something different, and they’d give us more a threat.

As we don’t seem bothered about signing players maybe this is the best solution?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Good idea. It's excellent management to boot people out because of their unacceptable behaviour, then panic and invite them back again a couple of months later when you're struggling. Can't see any issues there at all.

**** me this board is full of imbeciles today.

el punal

Yes they are both nut jobs, but they have a bit of crazy, are unpredictable and on their day are a nightmare to play against.

We really haven’t replaced these guys. My one consistent problem with GPS teams are that we’re just a bit too nice and polite at times.

I completely get that managing Andone and Knockeart is likely a nightmare. But I think we need an injection of something different, and they’d give us more a threat.

As we don’t seem bothered about signing players maybe this is the best solution?

You are joking - aren’t you? :mad:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Bring back Andone. Because that's what you want when you're low on confidence and about to engage in a battle for survival, bringing in someone who's spent ages telling everyone how shit you are and how they couldn't wait to leave.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Knockaert ( and Locadia, I think ) are on loan-to-buys and we really won't want to tear up those agreed sales. So no chance.

Andone, well if his loan is cancelled and he might be fit for the end of season then there is maybe a chance he gets a squad place so he can score the winner at Burnley and keep us up. You never know.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Andone is back and crocked, Knockaert can't be recalled. Hope this helps.

Andone is a good forward. I don't think the club's issue with him is ability. More like attitude and not getting sent off....... I'd personally hope that calm heads prevail, he and Potter can resolve this and we may see him again before seasons end?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m not ITK, so I’m not sure what the situation is with these specific players, but on a general level, I’d take the view that if a particular player is difficult for the manager to manage; tough.

The manager’s job is to get up the league and if he’s farming out the players who give him a personal headache at the expense of that aim, he is putting his job on the line. Not saying that is the case here, but we are alarmingly short of credible forward options.

There are other manager’s in this division who have harder players to manage than Knocky, I’m sure of that

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
I’m not ITK, so I’m not sure what the situation is with these specific players, but on a general level, I’d take the view that if a particular player is difficult for the manager to manage; tough.

The manager’s job is to get up the league and if he’s farming out the players who give him a personal headache at the expense of that aim, he is putting his job on the line. Not saying that is the case here, but we are alarmingly short of credible forward options.

There are other manager’s in this division who have harder players to manage than Knocky, I’m sure of that

I'm not ITK either, many here say Knocky is on a loan to buy, so unlikely he'll be back unless maybe we go down and Fulham up? I'd argue Knocky is a better player than March and Ali J.

Andone as far as I'm aware could come back (once injury resolved) and if bridges could be rebuilt. Andone is not worse than Maupay and is miles ahead of Connolly imho

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I'm not sure Knocky is that hard to manage on the whole. I've got a feeling that his move to Fulham came about as he was told he'd be used a lot less this season, likely to be on the bench some weeks, maybe not even in the match day squad some weeks. it's possible that Knocky felt that this might impact his mental health and that moving to another club, a new challenge and a fresh start would be better for him, so the loan (with a view to buy) was the best solution for all. No big falling out etc just a move to benefit a player who needs to be playing regularly at this stage of his career/life.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here