Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] BT Openreach scam

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm finding they are calling at 07.15 in the morning now as we are more likely to answer the phone when half awake

Anyone who phones me at that time in the morning, whether scammer or not, would get an extremely abrupt flea in their ear rapidly followed by a dialling tone.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The frail and desperate can sometimes take a leap in the dark, convincing themselves their expectations are the same as their hopes, and take a reckless and uncertain option, convincing themselves that it is bound to be better than the situation they find themselves in presently.

Voting 'leave', for example.

Super injection of Brexit irony there. :thumbsup:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
One word of warning - I started getting a few of these type calls and decided to string them along a bit for a laugh/waste their time keeping them on the phone etc with various ruses. This was fun for a while but actually backfired a bit as a couple of times they got really pissed off and then abusive. This seemed to lead to me getting more calls and a couple of times ones that were abusive straight off the bat. I think they passed on my number to others or saved it to call again. I get less now that I've used call blocker but when i get them now I just don't speak and hang up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My landline phone has a number display. I've programmed in the numbers of family/friends I want to talk to, so if I don't recognise the number, I don't answer.
Anybody who really wants to talk to me, can leave a voicemail.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not so. I get calls from my car dealer/garage, AA, and even my travel agent asking me to complete a quick questionnaire about how satisfied I was with the recent service. I tend to play ball since I have been told (by the VW people) that they need the feedback for their job, and need X number of 'completely satisfied' responses or they lose out.

If a cold caller asks me if I am the home owner or whatever I ask for their name and number. They normally then hang up.

I must say I am irritated by Sky and the AA who ask for security question details every time we speak.

If you are ever asked for the last two digits of anything, and they then ask for the first two, hang up. That scam was actually acted out in a TV ad.

edit apologies [MENTION=8459]TWOCHOICEStom[/MENTION] - I see you have reconsidered your post :thumbsup:

ps - how did the lactose in the diet issue go (I think it was you who pmd me)?

Literally changed my old man's life! Made a huge difference. So big thanks! :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Literally changed my old man's life! Made a huge difference. So big thanks! :thumbsup:

Wow! Brilliant to hear!

One other thing, I have now cut out gluten on the advice of Mrs T. Bit more tricky as I loved my bread, but it has added another 10% to the colonic revolution. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here