Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lets Give Glenn Another Go.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
After the shambles of last night, and our recent total inablilty to find the back of the net on an anything like regular basis, is now not the time to give our Glenn one final crack of the whip?

I'm not advocating it on anything like a long term basis, his best days are obviously behind him now, but just to try and plunder a few goals between now and the end of the season to keep us up.

He obviously has tons of experience, and he hasn't become a bad player overnight. I think Neal Maupay needs some help up front, and maybe, just maybe, Glenn can give it to him.

Worth a try in my book, as at this rate we will be sleepwalking our way to relegation due to our lack of goals.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The way he came over on his own at the end, there was an element of, "the fans know I should be in the team and I'm going to get them to heap pressure on the manager to put me in it" ... either that or it was goodbye

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep me too. Quite obviously not a part of Potter's, (even short term), plans.

I find that very sad. especially if the answer to our problems all along has been seitting on the bench all season.

Very big ‘if’...........what’s he done to suggest he’s ‘the answer to all our problems’ ?? Can he play a dynamic attacking role in midfield ? Is he a better CB than Webster ? Any pedigree at RB ? Can he score if given a couple of great chances v Everton to salvage a point ?

Love him, but another case of someone’s stock rising again by not playing.......

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He scored 1 goal in 12 games when we were in our bad spell end of last season. I'm really not sure Glenn is the answer....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The way he came over on his own at the end, there was an element of, "the fans know I should be in the team and I'm going to get them to heap pressure on the manager to put me in it" ... either that or it was goodbye

Definitely Goodbye.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Very big ‘if’...........what’s he done to suggest he’s ‘the answer to all our problems’ ?? Can he play a dynamic attacking role in midfield ? Is he a better CB than Webster ? Any pedigree at RB ? Can he score if given a couple of great chances v Everton to salvage a point ?

Love him, but another case of someone’s stock rising again by not playing.......

Agreed, it is a very bif IF. I just think we need to try someone, or something, different, because what we are doing at the moment sure isn't working.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yep me too. Quite obviously not a part of Potter's, (even short term), plans.

I find that very sad. especially if the answer to our problems all along has been seitting on the bench all season.

"I've got no problem with him, I'd like to him to stay, like I said I've got no problem with him"

Repeat Ad Naseum as we can't buy a win

Mmm think it was a goodbye gesture he probably thought after last night sod this for a lark and imagine Duffy probably feels the same. We have to restore the dunk Duffy partnership to defend ourselves to safety if nothing else. Noticed last night before muff scored their 1St they had couple of efforts the very first high press and we tried to play out lost possession and they scored. It happened again within minutes and I just shouted whack the bloody thing up the pitch and get defensive shape back in place, stop piss flapping about!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mmm think it was a goodbye gesture he probably thought after last night sod this for a lark and imagine Duffy probably feels the same. We have to restore the dunk Duffy partnership to defend ourselves to safety if nothing else. Noticed last night before muff scored their 1St they had couple of efforts the very first high press and we tried to play out lost possession and they scored. It happened again within minutes and I just shouted whack the bloody thing up the pitch and get defensive shape back in place, stop piss flapping about!

Yep, the first rule of football should be when you are in doubt and under the cosh., aim for Row Z of the stand.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I honestly thought he would start last night with Cook out.

I honestly thought he'd start last Saturday vs Villa, after his entrance brought about the best spell of the game at Everton, and he very nearly stole us a point at the end. Then, I again convinced myself he'll start against a former club of his, Tuesday, and maybe not playing against Villa was because the plan was ALWAYS to have him fresh for Bournemouth.

I'm now starting to believe Potter will never truly give him a go.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

We also seem to have lost the variation we had at the start of the season. We dealt with a high press by being prepared to also go long. Mix it up, keep the opposition off balance a bit. But now we seem to ONLY try to play it out, regardless of the game situation, regardless of the press that may be upon us, and regardless of whether we are struggling and just need to keep it simple and clear out lines for the next 5 mins.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I honestly thought he'd start last Saturday vs Villa, after his entrance brought about the best spell of the game at Everton, and he very nearly stole us a point at the end. Then, I again convinced myself he'll start against a former club of his, Tuesday, and maybe not playing against Villa was because the plan was ALWAYS to have him fresh for Bournemouth.

I'm now starting to believe Potter will never truly give him a go.

I have lost faith in Gpot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here