Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I really want this to be true.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Only £5M because Hudds will want his wages off + he is old. Some guy on the train on Saturday was saying I was stupid for saying £10M tops, he was saying 'easily' going to cost £20M...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Can't see him singing until the end of the season when (if) we stay up. He'd fit into any mid or lower PL side so I can't see him commiting to us until we have PL football next season.

Could be wrong but it's my thoughts.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah cant see Arron wanting to commit now were looking so vunerable to the drop.

He won't care. He will want to 1) play football, 2) a big final contract. If we offer him a 3-4 year deal on Premier League wages he will take it. He is good, but I don't believe he is *that* good that his level is much higher than a bottom half Premier League team

SAC

May 21, 2014
29 is not that old but apparently on £50k a week. £5 - 10 million would seem about right as there is little resale value at the end of his contract.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Yeah no way is the fee 5m when they paid more than that for him, and he's proven himself at PL level after signing a new contract with them. Sure he's 29 but that would be an absolute steal

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Yeah no way is the fee 5m when they paid more than that for him, and he's proven himself at PL level after signing a new contract with them. Sure he's 29 but that would be an absolute steal

From their perspective they need to free up the cash for their own spending, given our mantra has been we’re cool to wait until the summer perhaps this is another example of Bloom’s poker skill negotiation? Maybe Huddersfield have practically come to us and said we know we could get more in the summer but what would you be prepared to pay to do the deal now? Good business all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Total speculation but why couldn't he have signed the 4 year contract with Hudds in order to get the Premier League club release clause put in. Otherwise why would he have signed for them when they dropped down given the wages he commanded. Reckon Hudds rather than loosing him on a free or having an unhappy player on huge wages in the Champ, took a chance on getting back up this season at which point they'd afford him, or else take the 5 million.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hard to get excited at the moment when without other players coming in we will more than likely lose him after 14 games.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Being in the telegraph it has a lot more credibility and likely to be either true or likely than gossip in the daily mirror or sun.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
With my cynical head on, has this good news been leaked by the club to mollify a disgruntled fan base ?
The timing does seem to be to the clubs benefit, or am I reading too much into it?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Players amortise their value over their contract period. This would be the end of his third year, taking into account his extension and reported maximum value of £10m transfer fee he would be valued at £2.2m at the end of this season as far as their books are concerned. That would free up nearly 3m under the FFP rules. I agree it is a steal but in their circumstances they dont have many options, this could be us if we get relegated this year :down:. Taken that in mind and his wage bill I wouldnt say no way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here