Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr.Angry In The Crowd

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fan reactions are always way worse when we lose after 'expecting to win'.

This season we have as evidence the Sheff Utd and Bournemouth games. Meltdowns.

On the ( double-edged ) bright side we are now not in a situation were we can 'expect to win' any of the remaining games. Every win is a bonus.

The Watford game is realistically a *must win* but we can't in honesty 'expect to win' it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fan reactions are always way worse when we lose after 'expecting to win'.

This season we have as evidence the Sheff Utd and Bournemouth games. Meltdowns.

On the ( double-edged ) bright side we are now not in a situation were we can 'expect to win' any of the remaining games.

The Watford game is realistically a *must win* but we can't in honesty 'expect to win' it.
If only us fans evened it out by responding way more positively when we are winning.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
All this shouting, effing and jeffing at the players, all because we are not doing well at the moment.
Pales into insignificance, compared to the Albions near extinction at Hereford a while ago.
FFS grow up :thumbsup:

Yes, agreed, and getting relegated from the PL would not NEARLY be the worst thing that's ever happened to Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

However we can't go on using 1997 and Hereford as the point of reference for absolutely everything.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We will never be a team that stays for long in the PL. As galling as it is to witness it’s a good idea to get used to the idea that we are a championship team and simply don’t make the signings to secure a long term place in the PL.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Indeed it was a thing of beauty. One of the best Premier League away performances too under Chris Hughton. I went to twelve away games that season and never saw a win. Bad fan me! I went to Bournemouth on Tuesday night and, again, we didn’t win. From now on I’m going to be a “homey boy”! :down:

It was, but even with that being the case we were still a Knocky header off the line away from losing to a team that were dire and got relegated......kind of why I’m not too stressed about where we are now....but glad I’m away and couldn’t make the game this week

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I then felt bad as the team were playing so poor in the second half and I apologised to him for having a pop saying I was just pissed off myself at the game. He was okay and said he liked the way Potter played but felt the players should be able to do their own things at time, saying Liverpool and Man City would never be so rigged as to not clear there lines sometimes. He said our goal v Villa came by clearing the ball up field.

He's completely wrong - actually embarrassingly so. The break came as a result of Steven Alzate taking a real risk in possession in our half, holding onto the ball in a tight space, in a manner your man is undoubtedly arguing against. Alzate then rolled the ball to Pröpper in another tight space, who had to cleverly lift the ball over the foot of the Villa player who almost closed him down... (then Pröpper fed Maupay, who ran at the Villa defence, and teed up Trossard).

:shrug:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes, agreed, and getting relegated from the PL would not NEARLY be the worst thing that's ever happened to Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

However we can't go on using 1997 and Hereford as the point of reference for absolutely everything.

All this shouting, effing and jeffing at the players, all because we are not doing well at the moment.
Pales into insignificance, compared to the Albions bottle cap fiasco a while ago.
FFS grow up :thumbsup:

Corrected for you :D

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's not just us you know :lolol:

giphy (55).gif

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Webster is shit though ain't he..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think the problem with the current 'discontent' is there are a large % of our fanbase that either don't understand or really don't support the changes in our playing style that Potter has introduced.

The pass it out from the back IS trilling (in the widest possible meaning in the word) and does raise the heart rate at times, but it's done for a reason. However, there has been a slow creep towards people getting incandescent with rage as SOON as we try it, even without any cockups. That doesn't help the players settle, and GP has mentioned it already.

My concern is that the Potterball experiment could be ended by the negative reaction to aspects of the playing style, and of course direct abuse of specific players in that system.

The only time I've seen footage of GP angry was at Östersund where the fans had been criticising the players - he was livid. I hope this doesn't happen here.

You are right. We have some remarkably ignorant fans (I hesitate to say stupid) who I can only assume live in a matchday only vacuum of matchday, mates, beer or similar, yell abuse at footballers doing what they are told and paid to do, more beer, go home and tell the missus they had a great day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here