Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr.Angry In The Crowd

el punal

For those of you who went last night did you notice a lot of dissent with our fans? Even before our cataclysmic collapse before halftime, and when we were well in control, there seemed to be a lot of Mr.Shouties and Mr.Angries where I was. I’ve been to many Albion away games, some of them absolutely dire but not noticed the bad feeling towards the players like last night. :down:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I mentioned on another thread Mr "You're a ****ing idiot Webster" was quite something.

Many fans remonstrated with him at half-time, rightly so.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
For those of you who went last night did you notice a lot of dissent with our fans? Even before our cataclysmic collapse before halftime, and when we were well in control, there seemed to be a lot of Mr.Shouties and Mr.Angries where I was. I’ve been to many Albion away games, some of them absolutely dire but not noticed the bad feeling towards the players like last night. :down:

At half time on the concourse there was a bloke ranting, who reckoned 'the best thing to happen would be to lose 6-0 and then Potter gets sacked'. Only he used a lot more expletives.

Our support in general was poor last night, as much as it pains me to say it. Even when we were on top during the early stages hardly any of us seemed to muster any sort of atmosphere

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Perhaps it is the reality of the Premier League. Expectations are unrealistically high all the time (including mine !). I am beginning to think away days were more fun when we used to go to places like Tranmere just for the day out and accepting we would lose.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's like that at home too. But I can understand though don't agree with it.

If you'd call 'Webster a great footballer' out loud, it's not going to make it so. The crowd can only do so much.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
We’re in the shit and I think people are entitled to vent online, but during matches we need to be united behind the team and give them a noisy support.

Abusing them - especially singling put players - will not inspire them; quite the contrary. If we want to stay up, hurling vitriol at our own team is the exact opposite of what we need to be doing as fans.

And as I type this I know I’m wasting my time as the Mr Angries will carry on regardless and they’ll be the epicentre of scuffles in the stands and further add to a toxic atmosphere.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There was a fella next to me who was very vocally “Potter out”. He wouldn’t shut up from moaning the whole match and every opinion he expressed I disagreed with completely. It all got a bit heated at half time.

Made me wonder a bit if he posted on here

Anyway, the last thing we want is Brighton fans v Brighton fans

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When confronted at half-time it seemed that Mr "You're a ****ing idiot Webster!" 's main issue was us playing out from the back from goalkicks, often when under extreme pressure.

As was highlighted to him by many: Ryan, Dunk and Webster are doing that because they've been told to do that by Potter - it's really as simple as that.

If you genuinely think a player is ****ing shit then, again, the problem is Potter, not the player. Potter has thrown him the shirt and put him in his side. The player might make mistakes, but unless he's visibly not giving 100%, then I don't see how you can vent at him. Direct your ire at the manager.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was a fella next to me who was very vocally “Potter out”. He wouldn’t shut up from moaning the whole match and every opinion he expressed I disagreed with completely. It all got a bit heated at half time.

Made me wonder a bit if he posted on here

Anyway, the last thing we want is Brighton fans v Brighton fans

Where were you sitting (standing)?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There were people berating the players from about the 5th minute.

Every time we played the ball out from the back they were screaming at the players (and given they were right in front of us, it can't have helped)

Where [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I were standing (roughly central in the block) there was the bloke already mentioned, who was hurling insults at Webster continually, plus another guy just in front of him, and a group down to our left nearer the front.

What was also apparent was that WHATEVER happened was seen as an excuse to rail against Webster... e.g. Ryan and Dunk get in a right pickle and give the ball away - Bournemouth almost scored and it resulted in a corner - therefore, it's obviously Webster's fault - cue a volley of expletives and abuse.

Some of our 'supporters' aren't supporting the team at all, they are an embarrassment.

el punal

At half time on the concourse there was a bloke ranting, who reckoned 'the best thing to happen would be to lose 6-0 and then Potter gets sacked'. Only he used a lot more expletives.

Our support in general was poor last night, as much as it pains me to say it. Even when we were on top during the early stages hardly any of us seemed to muster any sort of atmosphere

It’s Bournemouth! I have been to Dean Court so many times (double figures?) and never seen us win. God knows why I went last night. Every sodding time we play them they turn up, however bad they’ve been, and we just huff and puff and get nowhere. It’s almost as if our fans anticipate this and clam up. Yesterday summed all that up. :shrug:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Where were you sitting (standing)?

Well ….

When the left side right side song started I had to think about where I was before joining in with the right side. And I was in row I, which laughably is half way back

It wasn’t you was it?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Some real pricks there last night.

I know it's not the done thing but, considering the run Bournemouth have been on I thought their fans, on all sides of the ground backed them well from the off.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well ….

When the left side right side song started I had to think about where I was before joining in with the right side. And I was in row I, which laughably is half way back

It wasn’t you was it?

We were J 191 & 192 - also on the left side / right side cusp (we = [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well ….

It wasn’t you was it?

No, but [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I had to make the same left/right judgement.

I was in J191, so our Mr Angry was in about L190, as I think he was two rows behind me (might have been three) and just over my right shoulder.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
FWIW the sound on the stream I watched was all BHa singing, and someone commentating on how bad the officials were.

I miss the days when you could go t games and stand with with mates and like minded people aNd sing/shout/rant in unison.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whilst we're here, apologies to the chap in I191 I tried to evict from his seat due to my inability to read row letters.

But also, thanks to the same chap for having a read of NSC at half-time. Try Tapatalk though - it's a lot easier.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No the thread for it, but **** it.

The Ballboys had clearly been told to slow it down by rolling the ball as slow as possible to the players (once they were ahead), which got to the point (in the 2nd half) one ball-boy accidentally returned the ball to the hands of one of their players and he then flicked the ball onto the ground and gave a hand gesture to the ball-boy to 'keep it low'.

Bournemouth exploit every half %.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many threads do we need to have on NSC, that call out the Albion fanbase, before the penny finally drops:-

ALBION FANS ARE POOR.

We always have been, we always will be.

What's the difference between 'f**k off Webster' and "f**k off Connor"? (one for the kids)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here