Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 7 points between Watford 19th and Tottenham 8th ..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We lost against one of our "many" bogey teams, we played well, should have gone ahead and got found out at the back.

We have a new manager trying to instil a new system, with some players who are either not good enough or not intelligent enough. The manager is not solely to blame, fact playing some players out of so called position is the norm at the moment, it is not just us that do this. Only he and the back room staff know who can, or can't do these jobs, who is injured, who is carrying a knock etc etc....

He has to work with who he has at his disposal, we can moan about players past or on loan, we all agreed Andone was a wild card, now fans are screaming "why did we let him go" do you recall the stupid challenge he made ? Locadia is not ripping up a storm in Germany is he ?

The plain fact is this is a very hard league, actually more competitive than last year I would argue, apart from Norwich, we are still holding our own and we are playing better, things will click togther for us again, this team demolished Tottenham and put in a heroic performance against Arsenal, are they all useless, and the manager clueless all of a sudden ???

I think not, look at the table, get a grip and get behind the feckin team.....

PS: Leave Webster alone, if you have nothing nice to say about one of our players feck off
#havewelearntnothingfromBarnesnotgoodenoughfortheAlbion

Last edited:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
People pay a lot of money to travel and entitled to there opinion if you don’t like it don’t sit at home and type trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
People pay a lot of money to travel and entitled to there opinion if you don’t like it don’t sit at home and type trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The grammar and spelling police will be all over this like a cheap suit; brace yourself mate.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
7 points doesn't sound much does it?

Except that's our points tally from the last NINE matches. Basically a quarter of the season...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We always lose to B’Muff. The Amex (we also had no luck and should have scored about 4) & recent cup game were freak results. They only have to take a shot against us and they generally score. B’Muff can’t create good chances themselves, they need bad defending and luck (ricochets etc) to score. They’ll still go down so don’t worry.

Get over it people.

Thank your lucky stars they did not get 6 points off us this season.

We’ll get 3 points away to Wolves to make up for it!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Which scarily is basically the return that we are aiming for to get to the magical 40

Well we do have 10 points from last 10, which is on target. (Need 10 every 9.5 matches)

BUT we have the likes of Liverpool, Leicester City, Man City, Wolves, Arsenal, Man Utd and Palace to come soon.

Also, I'd rather not go into the last couple of matches needing wins...

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Good perspective, though I disagree about Webster.

Webster offers a goal threat but cannot defend. I would love to see us put Duffy back into the line up and put Webster into the midfield as a holding/defensive midfielder. I know this is all a bit football manager-esque but bare with me.

We don't actually have a dedicated defensive mid; Stephens is more Box to Box or central mid than he is defensive mid.

Put Webster in front of the back 4 or 3, then allow Propper to push more upfield along side Mooy.

Have a 3-3-2-2 type formation. 3 at the back, wing backs, Mooy,Propper as the creative outlet and Connolly/Murray and Maupay up front.

I may have to go fire up football manager tonight and try this..

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Well we do have 10 points from last 10, which is on target. (Need 10 every 9.5 matches)

BUT we have the likes of Liverpool, Leicester City, Man City, Wolves, Arsenal, Man Utd and Palace to come soon.

Also, I'd rather not go into the last couple of matches needing wins...

Bizarrely those are the games I can see us ending up getting something from. Arsenal and Man U at home I would hope we will get a win from one of the 2. Man City have been shaky lately so we may grab a point. It is just typical Brighton. I am sure that in my 20+ years of supporting the Albion there has only been 1 or 2 seasons that haven't been a relegation scrap or promotion push. Do you really want to be safe with 5 matches to play? Where is the fun in that?

I was chatting to a couple of guys at work yesterday and we have already decided that the only game we have to worry about is Burnley away last game of the season. It's going to be a winner takes all relegation decider. (Mac Allister last minute winner keeps us up)

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Good perspective, though I disagree about Webster.

Webster offers a goal threat but cannot defend. I would love to see us put Duffy back into the line up and put Webster into the midfield as a holding/defensive midfielder. I know this is all a bit football manager-esque but bare with me.

We don't actually have a dedicated defensive mid; Stephens is more Box to Box or central mid than he is defensive mid.

Put Webster in front of the back 4 or 3, then allow Propper to push more upfield along side Mooy.

Have a 3-3-2-2 type formation. 3 at the back, wing backs, Mooy,Propper as the creative outlet and Connolly/Murray and Maupay up front.

I may have to go fire up football manager tonight and try this..
I think Webster in that CDM role is something I'd like to see. The guy can dribble out and can pass, it's his defending side that let's him down...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I think Webster in that CDM role is something I'd like to see. The guy can dribble out and can pass, it's his defending side that let's him down...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Exactly, he has something to offer. It's just not in a typical centre-back role. I've been lame enough to get some screenshots of my preferred formation and style of play. Work is slow, can share if anyone's interested in a nerdy football tactics discussion.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He's scored 4 goals and 1 assist in 526 Bundesliga minutes played so far - that's not bad going!

Ok we can all reel out a stat, it makes you think "Oh he has a point" until you look a little deeper and he scored against Hertha, Paderborn, Koln & Augsburg all teams that would probably struggle in the Championship never mind the Premier League.

Hardly anything to suggest it was a mistake to send him on loan, buying him in the first place maybe.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bizarrely those are the games I can see us ending up getting something from. Arsenal and Man U at home I would hope we will get a win from one of the 2. Man City have been shaky lately so we may grab a point. It is just typical Brighton. I am sure that in my 20+ years of supporting the Albion there has only been 1 or 2 seasons that haven't been a relegation scrap or promotion push. Do you really want to be safe with 5 matches to play? Where is the fun in that?

I was chatting to a couple of guys at work yesterday and we have already decided that the only game we have to worry about is Burnley away last game of the season. It's going to be a winner takes all relegation decider. (Mac Allister last minute winner keeps us up)

Hmmmm, yes

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

I bleeding hope you and your mates are wrong. My heart couldn't take that.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well this thread has cheered me up at least.

Play Webster in midfield ? Yeah because midfielders that sit deep and don’t attack the opponents box is what we are crying out for !!

Stephens is a box to box midfielder ? Amazing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here