Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trying To Extract The Positives

el punal

Well, after that woeful display last night I’ll try to come up with something to cheer us up. Here goes :

We have never won a Premier League match in January - our next fixture is West Ham on 1st February. Yippee!

We have a break of ten days to sort ourselves out and start to look like a team that does not want to be relegated.

Duffer is still with us and can play centre back.

We don’t have to play f***ing Bournemouth again this season.

I can’t believe it but we’re still 15th in the table.

From the 1st February we start a new 14 game season of a seven club league table with Burnley 2 points above us and the bottom three team 2 points below.

We might, just might, in the transfer window sign a striker who can hit the target.

Hope springs eternal and all that! :drink:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Agreed only 5 wins needed from 14 (or should I make that 5 from 9, given that we have to still play the 2 Manchester clubs and Liverpool at home, and Leicester and Wolves away, which realistically speaking are unlikely to see us get much if anything from).

Still enough games to save ourselves and to make a couple of signings. Not giving up hope yet.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We are not cut adrift. Two big games, 4 points and we're more or less back on track. 12 days to get our sh1t together

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
1. We had a number of decent efforts last night that on another day would've gone in. Ramsdale was in inspired form last night.

2. Jahanbaksh looks like a footballer.

3. Mooy is still very, very good.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Positives. Bernardo, alzate (out of position), maybe propper, mooy & maupay is doing a decent job (for me)

Dunk & Ryan are still auto picks for the team

D

Deleted member 2719

... Not for use by Albion fans.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Bar Izquierdo, nobody is injured or suspended and we've got some players back

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Sorry, but not a lot of positives this morning from me!! Maybe a few more next week but after the displays in the last few games and the 1 in 10 win rate, I cant find much to be positive about. GP needs to step up to the plate and prove he can cut it at this level but I fear that this wont happen. Next week will be a better week (there is my positive).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There is nothing to be positive about today. It’s Blue WEEK (not just Monday!) :angry:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bar Izquierdo, nobody is injured or suspended and we've got some players back

We should just hand him and his pig over to Pedigree and be done. 3 years of near constant injury. Makes Paul Kitson look healthy.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
8 shots on target! compared with just the one in Hughton's 0-5 just 8 months ago.

How Ramsdale saved that Maupay effort is beyond me - very strong wrist. A slight miss-hit and we'd have been 1 up.

Mooy and Propper good. Stephens - who has been great over the years - looks jaded. He looks old before his time poor bloke.

Solly looked lively - we could do with him back at his best.

and erm we win on away goals with the 2-0 home result

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The opinion that we’ve only got difficult games to come is wrong.

The 5 teams we’ve played twice are Spurs, Chelsea, Everton, Villa and Bournemouth. That looks representative of the division to me.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
39 points will do it if we keep our decent goal difference

This means P14 W3 D5 L6 will (probably) keep us up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here