Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I am sick of:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Alzate at right back when we have a former Barcelona right back available.
I am sick of Webster being a a first choice centre back. Worse than the Hawk!
I am sick of us not playing the Dunk and Duffy duo.
I am sick of Mooy being played out of position.
I am sick of us relying on Connolly to score. A fine prospect but not for a relegation dogfight.
I am sick of obviously poor team selection.Ali J should have played against Villa because he responds to the home support.
I am sick of boys being asked to do the job of men. Trossard, Connolly, Alzate need the support of men.
I am sick of worrying that Murray will be released without replacement.
I am sick of panicking that Ashworth is behind the sidelining of experienced pro's to open a pathway to youth. Feels a bit Southgate to me with youth being the main selection criterion.
I am sick of Gross being sidelined. He is our main assist provider.
I am sick of players being played out of position. Alzate is no Montoya, Webster is no defender, Mooy is no Gross, nobody plays like Murray. We have the players mostly, but in the wrong places or against the wrong teams.
I am sick of never having a left winger in the second half - just a gaping space.
I am also sick of Potter saying nothing in press conferences.
I am also sick of scouring the news for a hint of intent to bring in a striker or any player to give the lads a lift.
Did I say I am sick of Webster?

I am sick of fans like you who rather than enjoying one of the best periods in our history seem to think we have a divine right to win at this level and Chuck their toys out of the peak every time we have a poor run (which is inevitable at this level from time to time.

Why don’t you **** off and support Liverpool??

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I am sick of CONSTANTLY playing out from the back, we have been sussed, just keep pressing us and we WILL make errors.

I like us keeping the ball - BUT it's so predictable, and teams have got us sussed.

Playing possession football , like the first half last night, is great, apart from the fact we had ONE shot on target in that 30 minutes.

Far too much trying to walk it into the net and not shooting.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am sick of fans like you who rather than enjoying one of the best periods in our history seem to think we have a divine right to win at this level and Chuck their toys out of the peak every time we have a poor run (which is inevitable at this level from time to time.

Excellent post.

(from the wrong account!)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

As it's you, no wait a minute - f*** off yourself and start another of your 'look at me being an ********' threads. If the last two matches have been one of the best periods in our history, you really are as daft as some of your threads!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
At the risk of being seen as bit of a bed wetter - I am sick of the club trying to be so 'clever' with on & off field aspects whereby we've found ourselves in a situation that is just so utterly unnecessary.

Trying to game the transfer market somehow with Tau and MacAllister, Playing Alzate at right back, thinking that Dan Burn (a CB all day long) getting into attacking positions down the left is a good, long-term strategy, not sorting out a replacement for Murray, not recalling Duffy etc etc.

Mid table mediocrity was easily achievable this season and, by now, we should have got there and been looking forward to a casual couple of months. We might still get there but christ, we'd have made very heavy weather of it.

Apart from the odd bright spot - we've stunk the Prem out.

Now, I must go and change the bed sheets. Thanks for reading.

Can I just say that I disagree with this?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As it's you, no wait a minute - f*** off yourself and start another of your 'look at me being an ********' threads. If the last two matches have been one of the best periods in our history, you really are as daft as some of your threads!

What a load of baloney. The last two games have been poor but apply some perspective, even despite these we are still 2 points clear of relegation in the most competitive bottom end of this division for years.

What exactly did you expect this season? Europe? CL qualification??

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What a load of baloney. The last two games have been poor but apply some perspective, even despite these we are still 2 points clear of relegation in the most competitive bottom end of this division for years.

What exactly did you expect this season? Europe? CL qualification??

I've spent more than half the life of this club, supporting them passionately. After all those years, I can apply an awful lot of perspective. No, I did not expect the top 10 yet.

Nor did I expect you or anyone else to tell me to f*** off and support Liverpool for releasing my frustrations on this forum at the current situation.

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
I am sick of us relying on Connolly to score. A fine prospect but not for a relegation dogfight.
I am sick of obviously poor team selection.Ali J should have played against Villa because he responds to the home support.
I am sick of boys being asked to do the job of men. Trossard, Connolly, Alzate need the support of men.
I am sick of panicking that Ashworth is behind the sidelining of experienced pro's to open a pathway to youth. Feels a bit Southgate to me with youth being the main selection criterion.
I am sick of players being played out of position. Alzate is no Montoya, Webster is no defender, Mooy is no Gross, nobody plays like Murray. We have the players mostly, but in the wrong places or against the wrong teams.
I am sick of never having a left winger in the second half - just a gaping space.
I am also sick of scouring the news for a hint of intent to bring in a striker or any player to give the lads a lift.

Wow - spot on

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I am sick of the White Flag Waving and the Towel Chucking.

Cool heads, professionalism, bravery and a crisis plan by the club in the next 9 days will still fix this.

If you've got a pair of boots and could score at PL level, you could fix it.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've spent more than half the life of this club, supporting them passionately. After all those years, I can apply an awful lot of perspective. No, I did not expect the top 10 yet.

Nor did I expect you or anyone else to tell me to f*** off and support Liverpool for releasing my frustrations on this forum at the current situation.

If you got that angry to spout this post at 2 poor performances in the PL god knows how you were back at the end of the Goldstone era.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If you got that angry to spout this post at 2 poor performances in the PL god knows how you were back at the end of the Goldstone era.

Younger and more hair. But I wasn't angry, I am very, very frustrated and I don't appreciate the torrent of abuse I got from from you.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Younger and more hair. But I wasn't angry, I am very, very frustrated and I don't appreciate the torrent of abuse I got from from you.

:lolol:

Torrent of abuse?

We all have more in common than that what divides us as Les Dennis once said. I’m just sick of the lack of perspective, after every defeat questioning the manager, the tactics, the players, the board. This is one of the most successful periods and one of the best teams we have EVER had, let’s just enjoy the ride, there will be bumps in the road, we are playing in the best league in the world.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
:lolol:

Torrent of abuse?

We all have more in common than that what divides us as Les Dennis once said. I’m just sick of the lack of perspective, after every defeat questioning the manager, the tactics, the players, the board. This is one of the most successful periods and one of the best teams we have EVER had, let’s just enjoy the ride, there will be bumps in the road, we are playing in the best league in the world.

What lack of perspective? There is nothing in my original post that suggests a lack of perspective. I have thoroughly enjoyed this season and VAR has contributed to that as I think we are benefiting from better quality decisions. I am enjoying the ride. But no reason not to vent occasionally which I don't think warrants being told to f***off and support Liverpool. This thread doesn't seem to have much disagreement with what I said apart from you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People telling us why we shouldn't be beating teams or why we shouldn't be surprised/upset that we didn't win (I don't know why anyone expected anything other than a loss, of course we were never going to beat bournemouth, we never win at their place). There seems to be one of these for every team in the division. I wonder why we even bother trying to be a part of the division.

After a season of not earning the points our performances and dominance merits, to be told it's a knee-jerk reaction to a single match or two

Having a seemingly blunt forward line season after season.

Potter saying we have to learn from this

Potter isn't alone in this. Hughton would say it to, and after three years of it, I'm wondering when they are going to put these lessons into practice?

boik

At the risk of being seen as bit of a bed wetter - I am sick of the club trying to be so 'clever' with on & off field aspects whereby we've found ourselves in a situation that is just so utterly unnecessary.

Trying to game the transfer market somehow with Tau and MacAllister, Playing Alzate at right back, thinking that Dan Burn (a CB all day long) getting into attacking positions down the left is a good, long-term strategy, not sorting out a replacement for Murray, not recalling Duffy etc etc.

Mid table mediocrity was easily achievable this season and, by now, we should have got there and been looking forward to a casual couple of months. We might still get there but christ, we'd have made very heavy weather of it.

Apart from the odd bright spot - we've stunk the Prem out.

Now, I must go and change the bed sheets. Thanks for reading.

Stunk the prem out? THIS season? Do have a word with yourself. Not sure if you are Bulgarian, but by christ you certainly are miserable!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here