Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I am sick of:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Alzate at right back when we have a former Barcelona right back available.
I am sick of Webster being a a first choice centre back. Worse than the Hawk!
I am sick of us not playing the Dunk and Duffy duo.
I am sick of Mooy being played out of position.
I am sick of us relying on Connolly to score. A fine prospect but not for a relegation dogfight.
I am sick of obviously poor team selection.Ali J should have played against Villa because he responds to the home support.
I am sick of boys being asked to do the job of men. Trossard, Connolly, Alzate need the support of men.
I am sick of worrying that Murray will be released without replacement.
I am sick of panicking that Ashworth is behind the sidelining of experienced pro's to open a pathway to youth. Feels a bit Southgate to me with youth being the main selection criterion.
I am sick of Gross being sidelined. He is our main assist provider.
I am sick of players being played out of position. Alzate is no Montoya, Webster is no defender, Mooy is no Gross, nobody plays like Murray. We have the players mostly, but in the wrong places or against the wrong teams.
I am sick of never having a left winger in the second half - just a gaping space.
I am also sick of Potter saying nothing in press conferences.
I am also sick of scouring the news for a hint of intent to bring in a striker or any player to give the lads a lift.
Did I say I am sick of Webster?

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Players not being given a decent run in the team is something I'm getting a bit sick of. Jahanbacksh the other day, for example. In fine form, confidence up (esp at home), on the bench son.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I am sick of us relying on Connolly to score. A fine prospect but not for a relegation dogfight.
I am sick of obviously poor team selection.Ali J should have played against Villa because he responds to the home support.
I am sick of boys being asked to do the job of men. Trossard, Connolly, Alzate need the support of men.
I am sick of panicking that Ashworth is behind the sidelining of experienced pro's to open a pathway to youth. Feels a bit Southgate to me with youth being the main selection criterion.
I am sick of players being played out of position. Alzate is no Montoya, Webster is no defender, Mooy is no Gross, nobody plays like Murray. We have the players mostly, but in the wrong places or against the wrong teams.
I am sick of never having a left winger in the second half - just a gaping space.
I am also sick of scouring the news for a hint of intent to bring in a striker or any player to give the lads a lift.

I feel your pain.
Only thing I would say is that I liked it when we played 3cb’s. Teams don’t expect a CB to bring the ball out or stay in an offensive position, and both Webster and Dunk like a bit of that. If one goes we can revert to a 4 at back whilst it messes with the oppo thinking.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Players not being given a decent run in the team is something I'm getting a bit sick of. Jahanbacksh the other day, for example. In fine form, confidence up (esp at home), on the bench son.

I think this is a big part of our problems, GP tinkers and changes the team and formation too much to the point where we are so inconsistent. As you say, players have a decent game and then get dropped - same happened to Bissouma after the Palace game. We don’t appear to be developing any understanding on the pitch, especially in the final third and this is because the team selection changes every game and it’s killing us. We need to pick players in form, play them in their right position and keep a consistent and stable line up if we’re going to get out of this hole.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Although it's fair enough that individual players, the team and manager get some stick when we are struggling I am a bit sick of 'supporters' seemingly giving up and pronouncing our season is over, we are doomed, championship here we come etc when there are so many games yet to be played and we are still above the relegation zone. Get a f****** grip!

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
A pretty good summary. Can I add sick of the constant chopping and changing of the personnel so that there is no momentum with the team.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm sick of being bothered by it.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think this is a big part of our problems, GP tinkers and changes the team and formation too much to the point where we are so inconsistent. As you say, players have a decent game and then get dropped - same happened to Bissouma after the Palace game. We don’t appear to be developing any understanding on the pitch, especially in the final third and this is because the team selection changes every game and it’s killing us. We need to pick players in form, play them in their right position and keep a consistent and stable line up if we’re going to get out of this hole.

Spot on. Cant do much at all for their confidence, too, which obviously won't be helping .

Sir-Len

Oct 28, 2012
Berkshire
Strikes me that the coaches are over thinking every game. Find the best formation for our best 11 and play them, works for Klopp! (I know our squad is nowhere near Liverpool levels but still)

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'd pick today's performance over the pile of shite we had to watch last season any day.

I'm sick of fans judging us as if we should be up their with the Liverpools of this world. It's as if once you're in the Prem you're entitled to moan more than ever. We lost but dominated. Could be so much worse.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'd pick today's performance over the pile of shite we had to watch last season any day.

I'm sick of fans judging us as if we should be up their with the Liverpools of this world. It's as if once you're in the Prem you're entitled to moan more than ever. We lost but dominated. Could be so much worse.

Dominated what? possession means nothing, passing across the back line also means zip.
Bournemouth dominated the only stat that actually counts - goals scored.
We may play pretty passing football, but what good is that, if its totally ineffective and we got 0 points?

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Although it's fair enough that individual players, the team and manager get some stick when we are struggling I am a bit sick of 'supporters' seemingly giving up and pronouncing our season is over, we are doomed, championship here we come etc when there are so many games yet to be played and we are still above the relegation zone. Get a f****** grip!

Spot on. Think too many worrying too early about March and April. Jan blues now out the way, we start again next month. West Ham, Watford (must win), Sheffield United, and of course Palarse (also must win after being robbed at Shithurst) are all very winnable games, as even game against t’Blades, their bubble has to burst eventually.

March onwards looks tough on paper, but bar Wolves and Leicester the other decent teams are all coming to the Amex and we’ve not fared too badly against the better sides at home this season. And games v Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle and Burnley all winnable too.

Let’s not forget that we’re not in the bottom 3 and teams below us have equally tough matches to play and have to do better than us to get above us.

Yes tonight was a poor result, yes we should be beating Bournemouth, yes I’m hurting like we all are, but had their keeper not pulled off several great saves it could have been a completely different scoreline.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I am sick of CONSTANTLY playing out from the back, we have been sussed, just keep pressing us and we WILL make errors.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

So you're sick of everything that has changed since Hughton was in charge then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here