Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we going to regret letting Glenn Murray go - again?

Are we going to regret letting Glenn Murray go - again?

• Yes - don't let him go!

Votes: 77 60.2%
  • Nah - he's the past not the future

Votes: 51 39.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I have no issue with Murray being allowed to move on to find himself a club where he can play regularly and do what he does well. But if we let him go without replacing him with a quality goalscorer then we frankly deserve to go down and everyone with power at the club will hold accountability for that. Potter has every right to pick the team he believes in to get results but Glenn deserves respect for what he has done. If he feels forced out (again) then that's really shameful

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Speechless.

Why waste a space on the bench if you aren't going to bring him on when we need goals..
I like Connolly and trossard but we needed to mix it up. Game crying out for Glenn IMO.

Jokingly said to a friend that if Murray wasn't on at 60 minutes I was joining the Potter out brigade..
It was a joke.... but Potter has gone down in my estimation tonight

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Kane, Rashford and now, possibly, Abraham out of England contention.

It's your moment, Glenn Murray!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Especially as Connolly has offered absolutely nothing lately.

And this is the point isn't it....
If we are leaving Maupay on, what is Connolly bringing to the party that is offering a different type of threat.
He isn't exactly over-flowing with confidence.

The few times I've seen Glenn play he's done what he's always done. held it up well, laid it off nicely looked to get into the box.
The big difference between this season and last season is he doesn't have to hold on to it for 15 seconds before another player gets close enouh for him to lay it off to them.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
it's the received wisdom on NSC that Murray is past it, but really he's not been given much of a run after a storming preseason.

seems that from breaking up the Dunk/Duffy partnership, shipping players out and sidelining Murray, Potter has been determined to break with the previous regime.

does he has the humility to bring proven players back in ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
And was it not Murray who almost scored twice near the end at Everton to gain a point?
He is needed in what is now a relegation struggle.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
And was it not Murray who almost scored twice near the end at Everton to gain a point?
Agreed but other than the Everton game he has been abysmal this season tbf. Still pretty mad if we dump him though.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Club legend and a disgrace he never got player of the season. But his time is up, onward to the media

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Pretty much every game he's come on this season.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Suspect you either don't understand the meaning of the word Or have an axe to grind.

Not exactly sure what Glenn has done in the <180 minutes he's been on the pitch For the last 20 games to warrant the opinion he has been abysmal.
Being caught offside a couple of times?

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Pretty poor way Glenn and Shane Duffy have been treated by GP this season. The side is missing the leadership, physicality and experience that both offer. Two strong personalities - not sure if GP struggles with this?

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

This. You cant teach a new dog, old tricks. Whatever he's lost in pace, he more than makes up for in reading the game and positioning. + as many others have alluded, he is by far the best finisher at the club. Why oh why will Potter not at least try Maupay with Murray and add some f**king width to put some crosses in. Put a decent cross on a plate and Murray will score.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. You cant teach a new dog, old tricks. Whatever he's lost in pace, he more than makes up for in reading the game and positioning. + as many others have alluded, he is by far the best finisher at the club. Why oh why will Potter not at least try Maupay with Murray and add some f**king width to put some crosses in. Put a decent cross on a plate and Murray will score.

If we’re being told that we’re creating chance after chance, with Maupay and Connolly fluffing their lines, perhaps Muzza could tuck some of them away.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Width? What's that!?!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Why the clueless Potter didn’t bring him on this evening is beyond me. We were crying out for him and the inept coach didn’t use him. When he came over at the end of the game it looked very much like he was saying his goodbyes. Who can blame him as it proved tonight that Potter won’t use him!
The way this imbecile has treated Murray and Duffy is scandalous and shows what a fool he his and he WILL take us down!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

This this and this again. Potter is behaving like Cloughie with Wardy and Bazza with Goldstone Gaz. Sir Glenn is one of the all time greatest players we’ve had with more to come if he’s got the wit to use him. Astonishing in our current circumstances, really is. Hence why we’ve got to change the manager - it’s the only option that gives us a chance of staying up given we can’t change the players and someone like Big Sam would undoubtedly bring the best out of what we’ve got with one or two additions. But boy are we nearly out of time. Tony has to act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here