Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Are we beginning to see how important he is to the way we play?

With him in the side, we can fluidly switch between a back 3 and a back 4 depending on what is happening in the game and if we need to change things mid-match, we can do so without making a substitution.

Without him, we can’t react to a change in tempo, and we struggle to adapt when the pace of the game changes.

Jimmy Grimble

I typed the same thread/post after the Villa game but didn’t submit it as I was worried it wouldn’t come across right as Bernado deservedly got motm.

Tonight just confirmed it even more - we genuinely really miss Burn.

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Don't forget the option he gives us from goal kicks - The wide ball to the halfway line that he heads down to a CM. We get pinned back passing it out to a CB by the 18 yard box.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sat and tonight were a lot more than any one player. There's a recurring problem. At least it seems to be that way

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He gets better with every game he doesn't play in.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate am p........ of because of result tonight but what has he done to justify extension Was bought as centre back and has hardly played there so unable to make judgement. Did ok job filling in at full back but showed he is not a full back. Could als say same for Potters extension after so few games

I think this is clutching at straws, the problems lie elsewhere

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Roy Hodgson - “Ok Wilf, I’m going to play you on the right today to get at that big LB. He will be the weak link”

30 mins later

“Get the **** back on the left”

Absolutely LOVE Dan Burn.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
As great as he is, playing him left back limits us going forward on that side. He contributes, obviously, but we need more.

I'd drop Webster and play Burn and Dunk together in the middle.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As great as he is, playing him left back limits us going forward on that side. He contributes, obviously, but we need more.

I'd drop Webster and play Burn and Dunk together in the middle.

Works hard, but not a left back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I can't say I'm a fan. I'm only on the Burn bus because it goes the same way I'm going...

That said he was excellent today and like [MENTION=33409]Shins[/MENTION] says is worthy of a look alongside Dunk. That way we can keep an in form player in the team whilst also playing a proper left back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here