Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Debacle from Pottr through Maupay down to Ryan

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The worst performance of the season. Wrong team selection followed by unintelligent play on the pitch. Game changed with the insistence of play the ball out of defence when it wasn't an option and the impetus xompletely swung Bournemouth way.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
We change formation and line up every week bar the few that seem to be nailed on starters.

I genuinely don't understand what we do in training, because we can't finish. So we can't be doing too much finishing training.

We can't defend, so surely we're not doing any defensive training.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Most defensively poor I’ve seen us in SO long.

A team who cannot score looked like scoring every time they got the ball.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Stephens and Propper looked like they were playing walking football in "that" 15 minute spell. The defense looked woeful at times but they were offered precious little protection tonight.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We change formation and line up every week bar the few that seem to be nailed on starters.

I genuinely don't understand what we do in training, because we can't finish. So we can't be doing too much finishing training.

We can't defend, so surely we're not doing any defensive training.

Not very good in midfield, either

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I though the starting team was good, and the first half hour bore that out. The question is, why did momentum swing so heavily and why did nothing change. 3 subs in one go is pre teen reactionary, and what happened to our dynamic formation changes mid game? Potter seems to have lost his own plot. I hope it's temporary.

Equally worrying is the apparent inability to see which players work together and which ones don't

An example being AJ and Trossard on the wings swinging crosses in low and hard into space for either Maupay or Connolly. . . . Like the one for twinkle socks on Saturday. . . . Why can't we do that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was getting f***** annoyed with the amount of ‘but he is promising’ spouted on here........ before tonight. There are some pretty mediocre performers out there at the moment.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I though the starting team was good, and the first half hour bore that out. The question is, why did momentum swing so heavily and why did nothing change. 3 subs in one go is pre teen reactionary, and what happened to our dynamic formation changes mid game? Potter seems to have lost his own plot. I hope it's temporary.

Equally worrying is the apparent inability to see which players work together and which ones don't

An example being AJ and Trossard on the wings swinging crosses in low and hard into space for either Maupay or Connolly. . . . Like the one for twinkle socks on Saturday. . . . Why can't we do that.

Because our strikers cannot seem to run into that space or our defenders go missing and allow it

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Most defensively poor I’ve seen us in SO long.

A team who cannot score looked like scoring every time they got the ball.

Desperate stuff that we had 76% possession but then literally the minute they got a sniff of possession they created 3 chances in quick succession before scoring and then again.

We're so so easy to play against. You can see exactly why Howe told his lads to sit deep and let us have the ball. He knew we'd eventually run out of ideas, and that we're desperately naive at the back so eventually we'd give them a chance, then panic. He'd done his homework.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Desperate stuff that we had 76% possession but then literally the minute they got a sniff of possession they created 3 chances in quick succession before scoring and then again.

We're so so easy to play against. You can see exactly why Howe told his lads to sit deep and let us have the ball. He knew we'd eventually run out of ideas, and that we're desperately naive at the back so eventually we'd give them a chance, then panic. He'd done his homework.

Done his home work, like my son. Oh that's a ****ing doddle, rattle it out in 5 minutes and go and do something less boring instead. It wasn't exactly a difficult Assignment!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Most teams in PL play a high tempo pressing game that requires athletic players that can track runners all over the pitch, we start with Stephens, Pröpper, Mooy & Groß in midfield and start Alzate at RB Then take Bernardo off

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

It was just the same at Palace but they took longer to get going!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm just trying to work out of Pottr is the latest dating app, or if it's a new social media trend...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Most teams in PL play a high tempo pressing game that requires athletic players that can track runners all over the pitch, we start with Stephens, Pröpper, Mooy & Groß in midfield and start Alzate at RB Then take Bernardo off

With Bissouma nowhere to be seen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here