Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rest of PL: 22-24 Jan. Predictions and hopes.

Few tough games for teams around us in the table in Midweek and others facing eachother so not everyone can pick up points:

Eve vs New - Draw here would keep both teams in touching distance. If not prefer Everton win as they are likely to finish much higher eventually
Palace - Soton - As much as it grates me I hope them up the A23 do us a favour and beat Southampton.
Villa - Watford - Seems only a few weeks ago we were all writing Watford off - how times change!. Away win please..
Foxes vs Hammers - Should be an easy win for Leicester ..
Spurs vs Canaries - Hopefully Spurs will maintain their recent improvement. Norwich getting a bit too close for comfort now...

Thoughts ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Five flukey away wins there, plus a home win for PLB ................................ could be a lousy week!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Newcastle are safe, so are Saints and Palace. West Ham i fully expect to pull away. I'm sure Burnley are capable of getting 10 pts with there remaining fixtures. That win for them the other day was a massive blow for us against a good side.

It a battle between us, Villa, Watford and Bournemouth. Norwich are gone.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Eve vs New - Home Win
Palace - Soton - Home Win
Villa - Watford - Draw or Away Win
Foxes vs Hammers - Home Win
Spurs vs Canaries - Home Win

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Newcastle are safe, so are Saints and Palace. West Ham i fully expect to pull away. I'm sure Burnley are capable of getting 10 pts with there remaining fixtures. That win for them the other day was a massive blow for us against a good side.

It a battle between us, Villa, Watford and Bournemouth. Norwich are gone.

That's nuts. If Saints lose tonight and we win we're level on points.:shrug:

Things can change very quickly as we demonstrated last season when sitting 7 points above the drop zone as Newcastle and Southampton are now.

Last season we had 7 wins after 23 games, no one was picking us for the drop, we were 4 points above 14th.

The battle this year could easily drag Newcastle, Southampton, Burnley, us into the mix.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That's nuts. If Saints lose tonight and we win we're level on points.:shrug:

Things can change very quickly as we demonstrated last season when sitting 7 points above the drop zone as Newcastle and Southampton are now.

Last season we had 7 wins after 23 games, no one was picking us for the drop, we were 4 points above 14th.

The battle this year could easily drag Newcastle, Southampton, Burnley, us into the mix.

Deary me. It isn't nuts at all. Do you actually watch the form guide and other results ? Have you been watching us properly lately ? We are awful, defending is woeful, strikers who can't score, Potter being found out. A weak team with no real quality.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Deary me. It isn't nuts at all. Do you actually watch the form guide and other results ? Have you been watching us properly lately ? We are awful, defending is woeful, strikers who can't score, Potter being found out. A weak team with no real quality.

No real leadership or strong men on the pitch to kick a few of the opposition too

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Norwich definitely not out of it as yet. When I've seen them they're a team capable of scoring but just need to tighten up at the back. The relegation battle looks very interesting.

Fwiw my predictions at the start of the season for the drop were Southampton Norwich and Sheffield United. What do I know. I think there's still a chance Sheffield Utd will have a bad run but I've been saying that for most of the season.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Honestly, part of me wants us to sack Potter just so you can have one almighty explosion of "I TOLD YOU SO" smugness to get it out of your system :smile:

But a bigger part wants us to get back to winning ways so you can retreat back to wherever you went when we weren't in a patch of bad form :shrug:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yeah of course, and the same people who thought form continues indefinitely also called Saints going down after their dreadful run and getting hit for 9.

That is what form is, with you one minute, gone the next. Southampton have ridden a huge wave of good form, but came crashing down with a bang v Wolves. Burnley had lost 4 in a row up until Leicester pretty much gifted them a home win.

We've lost 3 of our last 9, have 10 points from 9, and probably only Watford and Southampton have done better from those around us.

Plenty of football to be played, with teams going in and out of form yet.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Here is the form, by the way:

form.JPG

Of that lot I'd argue that only Watford and Southampton have found any sort of form.

We're absolutely in with a bunch of teams that are all having a tough time but to say we're more likely than any of those to be dragged into the mire feels a touch pessimistic :shrug:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No real leadership or strong men on the pitch to kick a few of the opposition too

As I said last season, not much a manager can do tactically or motivationally if your players are gifting balls to the opposition. We bought Villa into the game on Saturday, it wasn't really anything they did, or tactically we did, we just got sloppy. It happens. Hopefully not too many times. What Potter does do is freshen things up, and expect a different approach tonight.

We went from a poor performance at home to Leicester, to arguably the closest a side has come for a while to taking points at Anfield, to beating Arsenal. So fingers crossed we follow up with a decent showing tonight.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
As I said last season, not much a manager can do tactically or motivationally if your players are gifting balls to the opposition. We bought Villa into the game on Saturday, it wasn't really anything they did, or tactically we did, we just got sloppy. It happens. Hopefully not too many times. What Potter does do is freshen things up, and expect a different approach tonight.

We went from a poor performance at home to Leicester, to arguably the closest a side has come for a while to taking points at Anfield, to beating Arsenal. So fingers crossed we follow up with a decent showing tonight.

Hopefully he can do it but the squad is painfully weak now

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Our last 5 game form is the same as Sheffield United's. Since December (from memory!) narrow defeats to Spurs and Sheffield United, comfortably beaten at Everton are the only defeats, between victories and draws against Wolves, Arsenal, Palace, Bournemouth, Villa and Chelsea. Our form really isn't too shoddy.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Here is the form, by the way:

View attachment 119328

Of that lot I'd argue that only Watford and Southampton have found any sort of form.

We're absolutely in with a bunch of teams that are all having a tough time but to say we're more likely than any of those to be dragged into the mire feels a touch pessimistic :shrug:

Spence pessimistic? Surely not. He's only started saying this now that he feels our form has dropped. It's not as if he's been playing the same **** record on repeat all season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here