Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Holiday 2020

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Any holidays planned this year? Maybe this thread could be a place to post travel queries and tips, the odd photo, or just share what you’ve got planned / where you’re off to.

I’ll start- the British winter and its short days have finally broken me, so I’m fleeing to Fuerteventura today for a week of sunshine [emoji274]

Any tips for the island welcome.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The annual trip to The Three Valleys for snowboarding but that’s all that’s booked at the moment.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Isle of wight for a week in June with my ageing parents & my children to reminisce about some of my child hood family holidays

Family holiday Cornwall surfing for a week at start of August

Hossegor in France- family holiday surfing for a week at end august

That's all for now. A couple of weekends here & there no doubt

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I was in Thessaloniki last week where ex-Albion shitehawk Chuba Akpom plays for local team, PAOK. By happy coincidence they were at home in the Greek Cup to OFI Crete so I went along. PAOK won 4-1, and our man Chuba earned a penalty (and then sulked when he wasn't allowed to take it) and missed a couple of one on one's.

Spoke to a couple of Greek lads, who knew the Albion, and they were delighted with him. I managed a diplomatic 'well, he's done very well for you' which seemed to please them.

Sorry for random/rambling thread derailment!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any holidays planned this year? Maybe this thread could be a place to post travel queries and tips, the odd photo, or just share what you’ve got planned / where you’re off to.

I’ll start- the British winter and its short days have finally broken me, so I’m fleeing to Fuerteventura today for a week of sunshine [emoji274]

Any tips for the island welcome.

Well worth taking a day out to visit El Cotillo. Sleepy fishing village with gorgeous Caribbean-looking lagoons with black volcanic rocks and pure white sand at one end of the village and the best surfing in the Canaries at the other end. Fantastic fresh fish and tapas in the restaurants clustered around the harbour. Short bus ride from Corralejo. Enjoy!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
A long weekend in London in April

A week renting a cottage in West Wales in May

10 days renting a house in Brighton's North Laine area in July

A week staying with friends down in the Dordogne in September.

Taking a break from long-haul this year, having visited Cambodia & Laos, India, Brazil, New Orleans & New York, and Costa Rica in recent years.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lanzarote, Krakow, Portugal and Mexico

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
NYC and Toronto in July. I haven’t been to The Big Apple since I was a kid. We’re excited.

We’ll definitely visit the 9/11 memorial and pay our respects to Robert Eaton.

Yes, the 9/11 Memorial is a must visit - but as you'd expect, absolutely harrowing. It includes a piece of girder from one of the towers, one of the fire-engines, and (most chilling of all) recordings of phone calls from people trapped in the Towers.

Be gently warned, New York has become really 'corporate' in recent years, and actually quite bland and soul-less, and many of the interesting 'independent' shops have been forced out by high rents. This is most noticeable in once-vibrant, bohemian, places like Greenwich Village, which now seems to have been colonised by estate agents, and expensive shops catering exclusively to the bankers and hot-shot lawyers who have moved in.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
NYC and Toronto in July. I haven’t been to The Big Apple since I was a kid. We’re excited.

We’ll definitely visit the 9/11 memorial and pay our respects to Robert Eaton.

I would strongly recommend the Hi-Line in NY, free and a fantastic walk on a dis-used elevated railway line

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
:mad::mad::mad:fair play

A long weekend in London in April

A week renting a cottage in West Wales in May

10 days renting a house in Brighton's North Laine area in July

A week staying with friends down in the Dordogne in September.

Taking a break from long-haul this year, having visited Cambodia & Laos, India, Brazil, New Orleans & New York, and Costa Rica in recent years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here