Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Bournemouth v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Vitality Stadium
Date: Tuesday 21st January 2020
Kick-off: 19:30 GMT
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Simon Beck, Adrian Holmes
Fourth official: James Linington
VAR: Darren England
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry

TEAM NEWS

Bournemouth defender Steve Cook is suspended for the visit of his previous club Brighton as a result of his red card for handball on Saturday.

Summer signing Lloyd Kelly is under consideration for a belated Premier League debut after recovering from ankle and thigh injuries.

Brighton & Hove Albion head coach Graham Potter has no fresh injury concerns.

Jose Izquierdo and Dan Burns are Albion's only absentees.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Tony Husband: One day they'll surely build a statue of Eddie Howe outside Bournemouth's ground, but right now his kingdom appears to be crumbling.

Saturday's 1-0 reverse at Norwich was a 10th defeat in 12. The only crumb of comfort for Bournemouth fans is that they're still only a win or two from being right back in the mix.

Three points are surely vital against Graham Potter's Albion, who are stuttering somewhat and have won just once in nine games themselves - against Bournemouth.

Brighton have never won a Premier League game in January; this seems a good chance to change that stat.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe: "We have to become very internal and use all the negativity around us in a positive way to show we're still fighting and we can do it.

"I'm living my life trying to improve the results, trying to improve the performances of the players.

"I think the will to do well, and the desire to improve, is 100% there."

Graham Potter: "We'll have moments where we don't win, this is a really tough league.

"We had nine wins last year, we need to learn from all of our experiences and try to improve.

"Everyone is capable of getting results in this division."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Bournemouth are unbeaten in the past five home league meetings, winning four of them.
    [*=left]However, Brighton are looking to complete the league double over Bournemouth for the first time since 2007-08 in League One.
Bournemouth

• [*=left]Bournemouth could go six Premier League home matches without a win for the first time.
    [*=left]The Cherries have lost 10 of their past 12 league games (W1, D1).
    [*=left]The four points they have earned in those fixtures is fewer than any other team in that period.
    [*=left]Bournemouth have lost four consecutive league games without scoring for the first time since 2012, when they were in the third tier.
    [*=left]They have failed to score in seven of their last nine top-flight matches.
    [*=left]Their total of 20 points after 23 fixtures is their lowest at this stage of a Premier League season.
Albion

• [*=left]Albion's only victory in eight league matches came against Bournemouth last month (D4, L3).
    [*=left]Brighton have never won a Premier League fixture in January, drawing five and losing six.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost all four of their away games on a Tuesday in the Premier League.
    [*=left]They have gone eight successive top-flight away matches without a clean sheet.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay, Brighton's top scorer in the Premier League this season with seven goals, has gone six appearances in the division without scoring.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm just going to leave this here.

soccerstreams100(dot)tv
soccerstreams(dot)net

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm just going to leave this here.

soccerstreams100(dot)tv
soccerstreams(dot)net

I will be in @ 5 tonight, so plenty of time for kick off.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would love this to be Smug Eddie’s last game. He’ll get them straight back to the Premier League if they go down, I’m hoping the owners get Pardew in to replace him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bet 365 have Bournemouth at 15/8, the draw at 12/5 and an Albion win at 29/20

I would settle for a point :down: bad fan

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Would love this to be Smug Eddie’s last game. He’ll get them straight back to the Premier League if they go down, I’m hoping the owners get Pardew in to replace him.

Depends if the Russians want to continue to launder money. If they dont then hopefully Bmuff disapoear back to Div 3.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Law of averages says a Plucky will get a result at some point

And we love nothing more than giving points away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We're lacking confidence, they're lacking confidence, got a draw written all over it.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Last edited:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Providing we avoid a red card, a sloppy back pass or unfortunate deflection, I'm relatively confident we can win tonight.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we'd have beaten Villa, I'd settle for a point tonight, but now it's (another) must win IMO.

It's a must win for Bournemouth, not for us. Would be great to win, but even a draw will keep us a min 3 points above the drop zone.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nobody does more than us to turn around teams who are having a bad time of it. Be more surprised if we don't drop points TBH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here