Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which six games ARE Liverpool going to lose?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Because when the football league was founded, it was based entirely in the north and midlands, and clubs in the south were in a different league system. It wasn't possible to win one set of leagues, and join/get promoted to the other. So the Charity Shield was a competition between the winners of the two separate systems (it wasn't related to the FA cup back then). The winners of the Southern League (us), beat the winners of the Football League (Villa), so we were the champions of the two league systems.

Thanks for that.

Out of interest, weren’t Arsenal, Chelsea, Orient, Fulham and Spurs all playing in the Football League in 1910?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And a This with bells on from me.
If there is a chance of them winning at the Amex I have already made my mind up to stay away, I won't put my ST on the exchange as I don't want a Scouser or plastic Liverpool fan buying it and winding up the Albion fans that sit around me.

I wish to affiliate myself with these remarks. I'll be giving the Amex a wide swerve if Liverpool could wrap up the title there - the thought of being in amongst a legion of triumphant blubbing scouse and plastics all cavorting around on the day they wrap it up, with all the fawning media circus that would descend...I'd end up being sick in my mouth. Then making my way back through town as the JJB brigade spill out of the pubs...uuugh.

I think they'll almost certainly already have done the deed before they arrive here on "Gameday 34", so it'll probably just be a general smug-athon we'll all have to endure, which will be nauseating enough in itself. But not as bad as actually sealing it on the day, thats something I definitely want to be no part of whatsoever.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Im obviously a different kind of supporter to you then.

“it would be nice imo to see them win their first title in 30 years”

In case it passed you by, Brighton haven’t won it in 119 years and we likewise have failed to win it in 115 years.

Nice? :down:

Let me fill you in on a little secret - we're not going to win it this year either. Neither are Palace for that matter.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I’m sure he’ll be fine, his second little team Brighton won a few promotions in that time to take the edge off of things. Some shameful Brighton ‘fans’ on this thread, feels like some inexplicable parallel universe I’ve stumbled into.

My favourite BHA game was at Highbury against Sheffield Wednesday or was it the 1-3 away win at Newcastle?So many to choose from, what’s yours?
As to “Second little team Brighton” if that’s how you see us and what we’ve been through maybe you should move on, although having palace as part of your name might explain it.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I might be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind them winning it against us (obviously we win, but results elsewhere give them the title!). I really enjoyed the City game last season, despite losing. It was fun being part of a big sporting finale.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks for that.

Out of interest, weren’t Arsenal, Chelsea, Orient, Fulham and Spurs all playing in the Football League in 1910?
Not sure which ones were, but I think it was to do with turning professional, it wasn't about being promoted. I imagine someone could look it up.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
More interesting stats.

After this Sat (Saints) they play the bottom 4 teams one after another.

The Arsenal invincibles went 49 games unbeaten.
Liverpool are now on 41 (as of 30/1/20)
Game 50 is Villa at home.

GAME 51 when they've won everything, beaten every record and celebrated hard is Brighton.

I post this not as a Liverpool fan but because we are witnessing a great team that will be talked about for many years and should sit back and say 'I saw that team'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here