Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Sussex beer Festival

mefromringmer

Aug 9, 2013
Thought I hadn't seen any publicity for this years festival, checked their website.... no festival!!!!!!!

Pity always enjoyed it, look forward to the excellent one at Lewes town hall in June.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Dead loss last year. Whilst the beer was OK there was no entertainment and the food was restricted to one outside catering truck. Has been going downhill since moving from the Hove Town Hall.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I hardly seem to bother with beer festivals these days. I went to Pigs Ear in Hackney prior to Xmas, but that was useful for then going on to the Arsenal away game.

Paradoxically, I think the emergence of micro pubs has done for them a bit. My local will have at least 8 interesting and changing beers on cask and keg, plus many more in cans or bottles, and it's only 100 metres from my home.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
They lost a lot of money last year and the weekend they wanted at the racecourse wasn`t available.
Personally don`t think they need entertainment but i know others do.
Stand to be corrected.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Surprised if they are suffering financially. I haven't tried getting a ticket for the last few years, but they would always sell out back in the day

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why can't they go back to Hove Town Hall? Is is too expensive or just not available for functions such as this? As earlier poster mentioned, this was probably the best venue over the years, certainly better than the Metropole, The Corn Exchange and more recently Brighton Racecourse.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Plenty of other Beer Festivals around during the year, lots of decent pubs put them on, there is the Worthing Beer Festival and the Shoreham one plus Brooksteed are doing a spring beer festival in conjunction with Worthing Football Club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Plenty of other Beer Festivals around during the year, lots of decent pubs put them on, there is the Worthing Beer Festival and the Shoreham one plus Brooksteed are doing a spring beer festival in conjunction with Worthing Football Club.

As does my local, the Hare & Hounds every August Bank Holiday.

Hic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here