You mean...

C4F953B6-8EF3-4D0A-B263-7E041A0DE297.jpeg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Where is Jedi in your poll?

In England and Wales 390,127 people (almost 0.8%) stated their religion as Jedi on their 2001 Census forms, surpassing Sikhism, Judaism, and Buddhism, and making it the fourth largest reported religion in the country. In the 2001 Census, 2.6% of the population of Brighton claimed to be Jedi. The percentages of religious affiliations were:

Christian: 70%
No religion: 16%
Chose not to respond: 7.8%
Muslim: 3.1%
Hindu: 2.1%
Jedi: 0.7%

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm known in the hood as Mormon Bates. I have 32 embezzling wives, but all but 4 of them have been slain by me, dressed as my mother, at her request. The others will likely get it too, but i'm waiting for the rainy season.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Where is Jedi in your poll?

In England and Wales 390,127 people (almost 0.8%) stated their religion as Jedi on their 2001 Census forms, surpassing Sikhism, Judaism, and Buddhism, and making it the fourth largest reported religion in the country. In the 2001 Census, 2.6% of the population of Brighton claimed to be Jedi. The percentages of religious affiliations were:

Christian: 70%
No religion: 16%
Chose not to respond: 7.8%
Muslim: 3.1%
Hindu: 2.1%
Jedi: 0.7%

I find the Christian v No Religion very hard to believe that recently being a time when religion wasn't as forced upon us as in the past, and we have been allowed to think for ourselves. If true, a huge swing in just 10 years- the 2011 Brighton Census :

"The 2011 census found the religious composition to be 42.90% Christian, 42.42% nonreligious, 2.23% Muslim, 1.00% Buddhist, 0.98% Jewish. 1.66% were adherents of some other religion, while 8.81% did not state their religion."

Would expect no religion to be over 50% come the 21 Census.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I guess going by the couple of times I was frogmarched to church in my sunday best as a kid by my grandad in Glasgow I must be a Presbyterian. If memory serves, that's the one with the vengeful god, not the nice god. Certainly wasn't much evidence of many people having much of a good time at THAT church. Vengeful god OUT!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
No place for religion in today's society imho

Because 'society' is doing so great?

Certian people within the organised religions (on all sides) have given a taint to religion, but with the delining morals of society, drugs, crime and the lack of people caring for their neighbours and neighbourhoods, I would say now is the strongest time for some faith and morals to put the society into a better shape and that starts with the religions themselves cleaning up their own houses to start with.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I guess going by the couple of times I was frogmarched to church in my sunday best as a kid by my grandad in Glasgow I must be a Presbyterian. If memory serves, that's the one with the vengeful god, not the nice god. Certainly wasn't much evidence of many people having much of a good time at THAT church. Vengeful god OUT!

Exactly. I was brought up a Roman Catholic based on my Irish roots and that made me terrified of God. Took me years to realise that it is the 'people' giving their impression of what God thinks and wants and if there was infact a god, he wouldnt want that or behave like that at all. He would care for us and want us to be happy, no matter what some bloke said in a black dress (or not).

IMHO of course :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I follow the cult of Dionysus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here