Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thread for Positivity

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
There’s POSITIVELY no atmosphere at the Amex whatsoever. You’d find more noise at Bishopstone Public Lending Library at 3pm on a Saturday...and that placed closed its doors to the public in 1973 for fark’s ache!! (Very last book to be borrowed was ‘Creating an Atmosphere’ by Arthur J Crump junior)

But in fairness I’ve been to matches at Anfield, Citeh, Emirates, Old Trafford and new Spurs and wondered (in expectant silence) what all the fuss is about their so-called wonderful atmosphere. I don’t know what it is but maybe the expectations of fans today is impossible to satisfy.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Even if the worse happens, we are a relatively big club now, and would be among the favourites to win promotion next season.
The Championship is an entertaining league in its own right.

I wouldn’t be so bold. We’ve never won any major trophy, have had one of the lowest media profiles in PL history and played just six seasons in top flight. We are miles behind many other clubs in the eyes of fans and media alike when it comes to being thought of as a “relatively big club.” For millions, they only realised Brighton has a football club 2 years ago! The expectation is still we’ll disappear back whence we came from and let’s face it we’re doing a decent job of helping that impression. Even clubs like Bournemouth and Wigan have had more years in the PL than us. With so many historically more successful clubs in the Champ and even below that, no, I’m sorry but we are a long way from being seen as a PL regular and relatively big club. That takes years to achieve. We’re no where near being a Fulham or Norwich or even them who shall not be named in terms of being seen as a relatively big club with established PL credentials. Or even a yo yo reputation. Just takes more time I’m afraid. But we’ll get there. Hopefully!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Potter will make Brighton and hove albion a top ten club in 3 years and in 5 we will be playing in Uzbekistan on a Thursday night and moaning about how long it took to get home.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A lot of negativity around after yesterday (from me included a bit last night), about pretty much everything to do with the club.

So, what can we be positive about ahead of another huge game Tuesday?

For me:
- for now it's still in our hands
- we've shown how we can play, with the same set of players we have now. Hopefully we can recapture that form.
- if we can't, we're surely due a flukey win sometime soon - I only remember one this season (Everton home)
- our defence isn't as shaky as some make out; we've conceded the fewest amount of goals in the bottom half and equal to some pretty much in the top half.
- our attack isn't as bad as some make out; plenty of teams on the same or fewer goals
- the atmosphere at the Amex could be better, but it's no worse than 95% of other grounds in this country and still better than many. Our away fans are still excellent most of the time, too.
- lots of youth doing very well either with us or on loan

Anything else?

You're not really in tune with NSC, are you?

:wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought we'd been relegated.

Two wins in a row and the same folk will be worrying about GP being poached away :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I’ll get more work done this week.

NSC will be unbearable with the moaners out in force.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
If we’re already down when Liverpool come to the Amex we can focus more of our efforts on celebrating their season/title. What a day in prospect that’s looking like.

:moo:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hey like I’m getting negative waves on here tonight Moriate.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ll get more work done this week.

NSC will be unbearable with the moaners out in force.

There should be some good fights on here this week. I’m looking for a scapegoat tonight tbh. You do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We’re not at Withdean
Archer didn’t succeed

Ummmm

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. We're still 15th.
2. Dunk might not sign for Chelsea in this window.
3. Tonight showed the club we definitely need to bring in a striker - 21 shots but only 1 goal.
4. As things stand we're only 5 points below Arsenal.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here