Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thread for Positivity

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A lot of negativity around after yesterday (from me included a bit last night), about pretty much everything to do with the club.

So, what can we be positive about ahead of another huge game Tuesday?

For me:
- for now it's still in our hands
- we've shown how we can play, with the same set of players we have now. Hopefully we can recapture that form.
- if we can't, we're surely due a flukey win sometime soon - I only remember one this season (Everton home)
- our defence isn't as shaky as some make out; we've conceded the fewest amount of goals in the bottom half and equal to some pretty much in the top half.
- our attack isn't as bad as some make out; plenty of teams on the same or fewer goals
- the atmosphere at the Amex could be better, but it's no worse than 95% of other grounds in this country and still better than many. Our away fans are still excellent most of the time, too.
- lots of youth doing very well either with us or on loan

Anything else?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
A lot of negativity around after yesterday (from me included a bit last night), about pretty much everything to do with the club.

So, what can we be positive about ahead of another huge game Tuesday?

For me:
- we've shown how we can play, with the same set of players we have now. Hopefully we can recapture that form.
- if we can't, we're surely due a flukey win sometime soon - I only remember one this season (Everton home)
- our defence isn't as shaky as some make out; we've conceded the fewest amount of goals in the bottom half and equal to some pretty much in the top half.
- our attack isn't as bad as some make out; plenty of teams on the same or fewer goals
- the atmosphere at the Amex could be better, but it's no worse than 95% of other grounds in this country and still better than many. Our away fans are still excellent most of the time, too.

Anything else?
That's a great start and a reminder of how much we have to be positive about.

Regular 30000 crowds
Properly inclusive attitude from club and fans
Strong teams at all levels

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

So what can we be positive about ahead of another huge game Tuesday?

For me:

Anything else?

Win.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
That's a great start and a reminder of how much we have to be positive about.

Regular 30000 crowds
Properly inclusive attitude from club and fans
Strong teams at all levels

Yep.

Owner who's a huge fan of the club and does everything he does for the benefit of the club he loves

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Even if the worse happens, we are a relatively big club now, and would be among the favourites to win promotion next season.
The Championship is an entertaining league in its own right.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
What is the point of being negative it achieves nothing and makes one grumpy.

If you think this is bad you should have been at Hereford at 3.45pm.

I'm positive about our future and finally a couple of extra positives my two post match pints of Harvey's were excellent and I walked straight onto the waiting Lewes train without any queues.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We're DOOMED!!!

:rolleyes::lolol::laugh::mad::shootself:facepalm::shit:

???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ll still love going in the Championship, should that happen. Imagine going into home matches, with a good manager and team, knowing you may well score goals (plural) and win. One of the happiest feelings in the world is leaving the Amex on a Friday or Saturday after any kind of win.

If we stay up, I’ll be excited about Ashworth and Potter finally making the squad changes we all know are necessary.

Either way, always something to look forward to.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’ll still love going in the Championship, should that happen. Imagine going into home matches, with a good manager and team, knowing you may well score goals (plural) and win. One of the happiest feelings in the world is leaving the Amex on a Friday or Saturday after any kind of win.

If we stay up, I’ll be excited about Ashworth and Potter finally making the squad changes we all know are necessary.

Either way, always something to look forward to.

I don't want to be relegated but if we were I'd feel the same. Games come thick and fast in the Championship too, which I do miss being in the Prem - esp the amount of evening games.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
There’s POSITIVELY no atmosphere at the Amex whatsoever. You’d find more noise at Bishopstone Public Lending Library at 3pm on a Saturday...and that placed closed its doors to the public in 1973 for fark’s ache!! (Very last book to be borrowed was ‘Creating an Atmosphere’ by Arthur J Crump junior)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't want to be relegated but if we were I'd feel the same. Games come thick and fast in the Championship too, which I do miss being in the Prem - esp the amount of evening games.

Controversial comment coming, I wonder if it would shake out some of the s/t holders who hog seats but rarely turn up, and tourists at the Amex for iphone filming?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here