Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] King Gary

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I watched the pilot of this on BBC iplayer and thought it was funny.
I have watched the first two episodes of the series and didn't laugh once.

I read the comments on Twitter after episode 2 on Friday and some people love it and others hate it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s watchable. I quite enjoyed it. Nowhere near as funny as Big Tom’s previous comedy, Murder in Successville, which is hilarious. Give it a go if you’ve not seen it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Never saw the pilot but thought I’d give it a go as I like Tom Davis and really enjoyed Murder in Successville. Thought the first episode was a bit pants but the second one was ok so will stick with it.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Murder in Successville was wonderful - in particular I’ve watched the episodes with Martin Kemp and Richard Osman so many times.

The latest King Gary parody of the youth football manager was great - from experience I know that it would have made many youth football coaches very uncomfortable, whilst others will have been too ignorant to have recognised themselves.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Enjoyed them but can understand why it's not everyone's cuppa splosh. They get better. The indoor golf one was excellent. Simon Day and Mrs King excellent

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I watched the pilot of this on BBC iplayer and thought it was funny.
I have watched the first two episodes of the series and didn't laugh once.

I read the comments on Twitter after episode 2 on Friday and some people love it and others hate it.

This is where I am. We saw the pilot when it was first broadcast, c18 months ago, and really enjoyed it, but I've been left wondering how they'll be able to stretch this out.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Murder in Successville was wonderful - in particular I’ve watched the episodes with Martin Kemp and Richard Osman so many times.

The latest King Gary parody of the youth football manager was great - from experience I know that it would have made many youth football coaches very uncomfortable, whilst others will have been too ignorant to have recognised themselves.

The Martin Kemp & Richard Osman episodes are two of the best , though I do enjoy the first episode with Jamie Laing and his huge murder count of Native Americans :lolol:

Watched King Gary series twice through now and enjoyed it more on the second watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Brilliant as ever...

Any show that can get in the line 'you can smell your r sole flapping a mile off' during a Christmas special is some thing else :lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
If you like Tom Davis it is worth checking out Murder in Successville. It's a really different concept - a mix of actors and celebrities without a script trying to solve mysteries. It depends on the guest but there are some cracking episodes in there with people as varied as Chris Kamara and Deboroah Meaden (Dragons Den)..

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
If you like Tom Davis it is worth checking out Murder in Successville. It's a really different concept - a mix of actors and celebrities without a script trying to solve mysteries. It depends on the guest but there are some cracking episodes in there with people as varied as Chris Kamara and Deboroah Meaden (Dragons Den)..

It’s brilliant and I wish it was still going.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
King Gary is...

...shitehouse.

I've got an awful lot of time for Tom and Rom, so I've tried and tried again with this, but f**k me it's Mrs Brown's Boys poor.

Not one sympathetic character
Not even one with a toe nail in reality.

The 'script' is just a computer random word generator which has been set to 'call someone a tw@t'.

So so poor.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tom Davis is a funny guy. Murder in Successville was brilliant. King Gary is rather poor comedy I think. He can do so much better.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Thought this was about Gary Dicker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here