Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Molumby

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Have been speaking to a few of the Millwall contingent at my sons football in South London today. They said Molumby absolutely ran the centre of midfield in their 2-0 win yesterday and is one of the main reasons they are doing so well this season. The thing they are enjoying most is that he’s aggressive and ability to pass forward.

Shame we haven’t got him to call on but positive for next season!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Albion player not playing for the Albion would be the saviour of the Albion if he played....

... No chance of boooooing this one. :jester:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Albion player not playing for the Albion would be the saviour of the Albion if he played....

... No chance of boooooing this one. :jester:

But not playing the Albion way, aggression? Forwards? That won't do.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Have been speaking to a few of the Millwall contingent at my sons football today in South London today. They said Molumby absolutely ran the centre of midfield yesterday in their 2-0 win yesterday and is one of the main reasons they are doing so well this season. The thing they are enjoying most is that he’s aggressive and ability to pass forward.

Every time I have seen Molumby play he has impressed me - I mentioned this before but he is the best passer of a ball that I have seen in an Irish shirt since Liam Brady. Given that Potter's style of play is all about passing the ball it is a surprise to me that he was left off on loan to Millwall.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Every time I have seen Molumby play he has impressed me - I mentioned this before but he is the best passer of a ball that I have seen in an Irish shirt since Liam Brady. Given that Potter's style of play is all about passing the ball it is a surprise to me that he was left off on loan to Millwall.
I think that's easy to say since his form has been so good, but don't forget he's had a bad time with injuries so going out to play regularly was very important for him. He will be back with us next season whichever division we are in IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I think that's easy to say since his form has been so good, but don't forget he's had a bad time with injuries so going out to play regularly was very important for him. He will be back with us next season whichever division we are in IMO.
I get it - I think he is good enough to play regularly in the PL.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I get it - I think he is good enough to play regularly in the PL.
You may well be right, but I don't think staying here and only playing the odd game at the top level would have helped. Let's hope we reap the benefits next season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have been speaking to a few of the Millwall contingent at my sons football in South London today. They said Molumby absolutely ran the centre of midfield in their 2-0 win yesterday and is one of the main reasons they are doing so well this season. The thing they are enjoying most is that he’s aggressive and ability to pass forward.

We may well need him for a promotion push next season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Those two words, Millwall and aggressive, just made for one another.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Quote Originally Posted by Superphil View Post

QUOTE Cowfold Seagull
You're right, far more likely than some on here might think.QUOTE

Not with GP as manager.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I was S/T holder at Millwall for 20 years when I lived in London and still go to Millwall matches when I am down there - All my mates in London are still S/T Holders down there as well and go to every game - Yes he has been decent for most of the season so far but he has been no ''World Beater'' - He has also played a bit deeper for Millwall than he played in Brighton Youth sides.

So whilst he has done well at Championship level, lets not be led into thinking that he is better than what has been playing in the Brighton Midfield this season to date. He isn't - well not to date anyhow.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Quote Originally Posted by Superphil View Post

QUOTE Cowfold Seagull
You're right, far more likely than some on here might think.QUOTE

Not with GP as manager.

Actually, on reflection you are quite right, what Potter wants are midfielders who will step meekly aside, and wave the opposing players through towards goal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Actually, on reflection you are quite right, what Potter wants are midfielders who will step meekly aside, and wave the opposing players through towards goal.

Indeed. ???

:lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Certainly plays in a way that would add much to our midfield. Very strong driving midfielder with a significant passing range. Unproven in the Premier League though and until he gets his chance no one can really tell whether he will be good enough.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What we can say is this loan deal has worked out well for all parties. I look forward to seeing the lad play.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If Potter plays Mooys our most creative midfielder out wide sure no chance Molumby would play centrally

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ain’t that just so....though it’s promising opinion from fans of another club

We'll be booooing him by October.
Wishing he was the next starlet up, who this time will be on loan at Ipswich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here