Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Bournemouth?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
What's always funny about these threads is that people only ever trot out a list of their own favourite players, in some kind of fantasy formation. Rarely a reference to the opposing club's name, let alone the individual opponents who will be there on the day to be, er, opposed.

No matter, I suppose. Fans of every club seem to suffer a similar myopia. There's a mirror image of this thread on the Bournemouth message board.

Let's hope Eddie Howe arrives at the worst selection possible. And that GP doesn't.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan
Montoya - Webster - Dunk - Bernardo
Propper - Alzate
Gross - Mooy - Trossard
Maupay​

I just text this to a mate, only I had AJ in for Gross. Think we have been missing Gross's guile at times, perhaps time to give the German Magician return to the starting XI.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Don't profess to know the B'Muff centre-back situation, but with Cook out (and I dont think he has been 1st choice until injuries) then I can see Murray playing .

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Personally think we’ll see a very different Bournemouth, not in terms of personnel, but in terms of style. I don’t see our midfield getting the acres of space that they did at the Amex. They will have seen the success other teams have had in stifling Mooy and knocking over Trossard and Connolly.

From us, I’d like to see us get the ball out wide quicker and get it in the box earlier.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What's always funny about these threads is that people only ever trot out a list of their own favourite players, in some kind of fantasy formation. Rarely a reference to the opposing club's name, let alone the individual opponents who will be there on the day to be, er, opposed.

No matter, I suppose. Fans of every club seem to suffer a similar myopia. There's a mirror image of this thread on the Bournemouth message board.

Let's hope Eddie Howe arrives at the worst selection possible. And that GP doesn't.

“The way I see it at the moment the entire squad should all be assessed for their mental state”

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can’t mess around with Alzate and Mooy on the right anymore, both are crucial to us and have to be central. 4-2-3-1:

Ryan
Montoya - Webster - Dunk - Bernardo
Propper - Alzate
March - Mooy - Trossard
Maupay
Almost - just a few tweaks -
Ryan
Montoya - Webster or Duffy - Dunk - Bernardo
Alzate - Propper
Gros - Mooy - Bissouma*
Maupay

* (with Trossard coming on after 60 or 70 as an impact sub, which is where he seems most effective.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Play Murray - he doesn't like Smug Eddie and will have a point to prove. Also can use his experience against a makeshift defense, including a debut for some youth player I think ?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Potter does need to decide his best 11-14 and stick with them IMO. I’m not convinced he knows his best team yet. For example stop messing around with Alzate at RB when our first choice RB is on the bench, I could have understood it if it was as a wing back (like at Newcastle) but not in a back 4.

The quandary is Stephens, I thought he had his best game in about 6 weeks on Saturday, does that mean he’d do it again Tuesday though or revert to recent the shiteness during which time Alzate SHOULD have had his midfield place.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Play Murray - he doesn't like Smug Eddie and will have a point to prove. Also can use his experience against a makeshift defense, including a debut for some youth player I think ?

Didn’t Connolly make his full debut (start) v Spurs........? Careful with the assumptions.

It will be interesting to see how Maupay plays v Ake, he is quite similar to Mings and that didn’t go so well.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is very odd to me that AJ scores in two games, plays really well and gives us something different and suddenly he is dropped to the bench and doesn’t get on when we are playing fecking awfully!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is very odd to me that AJ scores in two games, plays really well and gives us something different and suddenly he is dropped to the bench and doesn’t get on when we are playing fecking awfully!

That's a rather misleading take on things, isn't it? He wasn't dropped after those games - he kept his place at Everton, was anonymous, and hooked after an hour. :shrug:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Awfully and very narrowly.

I think we'll see the attack "freshened up" for the Bournemouth game.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I can see an argument for playing 3 central defenders. The main one being to gloat to not so smug Eddie ..... "Hey Howe, look how may centre backs we can field"

Also I suppose it gives you extra options at RWB. If he doesn't fancy Montoya at the moment, the Solly is in the equation, he could play Alzate there, I suppose Schelotto

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan
Webster Duffy Dunk
Montoya Mooy Stephens Pröpper Bernardo
Gross
Murray​

Subs Button; Schelotto; Alzate, Bissouma, Jahanbakhsh, Trossard; Maupay

Bournemouth will be playing with two strikers, because they're limited by having to choose whoever they can find who happens to be fit. Let's use our 3 centre backs, get Gross on all the set pieces and add Murray to our set piece prowess. The man will take any chances we create for him, and he'll hold up the ball to bring Mooy and Pröpper into play, as well as Gross. I think the balance is right, Mooy playing more centrally where he can get on the ball and do his thing with a bit more freedom and reunites Gross and Murray - the partnership which kept us up last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here