Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Awkward

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Isn’t it awkward when you bump into someone in the supermarket you’ve not seen for a while and then say your goodbyes and proceed to them see then round every mother ****ing other aisle in the local megastore?

:nono:

:facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Go to the other end of the shop and work your way back. Only 1 embarrassed nod of the head required.

You have not been charged for this information :thumbsup:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Isn’t it awkward when you bump into someone in the supermarket you’ve not seen for a while and then say your goodbyes and proceed to them see then round every mother ****ing other aisle in the local megastore?

More embarrassing when you meet someone, you've not seen for a while, have a long chat, walk away and think who the heck were they!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Go to the other end of the shop and work your way back. Only 1 embarrassed nod of the head required.

You have not been charged for this information :thumbsup:

If the other person employed the same technique awkwardness levels would be astronomical as you keep bumping into each other; risky tactic.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Rather than "awkward" I think you'll find the correct term is what my daughter would call "OMG. Like that was totes awks."

I give up. :shrug:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

What about bumping into someone you used to work with but unable to introduce them to your partner as you cannot remember their name!

Before anyone comments, I missed post #3 in my haste to reply to the OP :(

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Rather than "awkward" I think you'll find the correct term is what my daughter would call "OMG. Like that was totes awks."

I give up. :shrug:

I find kids "street talk" really funny in casual settings. It's when they drift unconsciously into when I am interviewing them for jobs I find wierd that they can't even refrain from it for any length of time in a "Professional Environment

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
After doing 17 years in retail, when i'm in a shop everyone else is dead to me.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
In a similar awkward scenario- if my wife and I are out and about and we bump into someone say I know but can’t remember their name we have a secret signal - either a squeeze of hand (if on the rare occasion we are holding hands!) or if i haven’t introduced them in first few seconds of encounter then my wife will introduce herself - and obviously viva versa if my wife is in the awkward seat. Has got us out of many a tricky encounter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Was it [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] or Paul Barber by chance ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here