Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] SpaceX launch today

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You've nothing to do before the Liverpool game.
Due to launch at 15:30 UK time and going to be a big explosion!
They're going to blow up a rocket.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep, got the stream running - launch scheduled in about 8 mins.

A potentially significant step towards crewed flight.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Gosh that was exiting I can't imagine what it must feel like to be waiting for those parachutes to deploy as the capsule was plummeting to Earth

D

Deleted member 22389

These are some of the best videos I have seen, where they attached cameras to the boosters of the Space Shuttle on both sides, and follow them down to splashdown.
I never get bored of watching these.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Fantastic to see but I can’t quite help thinking that we are 60 plus years on from the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs who used a capsule splash down method of recovering Astronauts and feel surely these clever scientists can come up with something different???

I know how about a reusable space plane that lands on a runway [emoji23]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hopefully Elon had some "pedos" on standby in case it went wrong and someone needed rescuing.

D

Deleted member 22389

Fantastic to see but I can’t quite help thinking that we are 60 plus years on from the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs who used a capsule splash down method of recovering Astronauts and feel surely these clever scientists can come up with something different???

I get your points. It was amazing what they managed all those years ago. The Space Shuttle was also amazing when you compare it too today, however I think what makes SpaceX unique and has pushed things along, is the ability to land the booster rockets and also the US being able to get people back to the ISS without having to rely on the Soyuz. Getting back to the Moon, who knows.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I get your points. It was amazing what they managed all those years ago. The Space Shuttle was also amazing when you compare it too today, however I think what makes SpaceX unique and has pushed things along, is the ability to land the booster rockets and also the US being able to get people back to the ISS without having to rely on the Soyuz. Getting back to the Moon, who knows.

I don’t disagree and let’s not forget Boeing CST Starliner due for testing too!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I am more amazed that it has taken 60 years of manned space flight that we have actually designed a capsule that was able to abort and eject safely in an emergency.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don’t disagree and let’s not forget Boeing CST Starliner due for testing too!
Let's hope the Boeing 737 Max team have nothing to do with the Starliner project since they've stopped building planes for the foreseeable future...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here