Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Potter really believe the team doesn’t need strengthening?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The lack of belief in what Tony B does for us staggers me at time from some on here, of course we are looking for players to strengthen, if the right ones are available we will go for it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ok....does seem more realistic. My ' Everton insider ' assured me that the two clubs had agreed a post season sale price and as a result of that Everton would still cover his wages. Maybe its just the loan fee involved. I shall direct him towards the article.

Hodgson said today that he had tried to sign Tosun before he went to Everton and that they had kept in touch with his agent just in case things didn't work out for him at Goodison. Disturbingly sound practice from South Norwood Barcelona for once. I suppose they can't get everything wrong ...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not Andy Naylor;9213419. and that they had kept in touch with his agent just in case things didn't work out for him at Goodison. [/QUOTE said:

That's actually what's known as " An illegal Approach"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He continuously states we don’t need any improvements “externally”, it’s a reasoning that isn’t really backed up by any of the facts or general performances going back a year.

Surely a striker is needed. 36 year old Murray is not someone we should be relying on as an option.

And Mooy, who lets face it, is still only on loan.. is for me our most important player. When he doesn’t perform to his best (ie today), the team doesn’t quite tick.

Still a fan of GP, but find his anti transfer policy a little odd.

Politically it's wise to not put the club under pressure, or alert selling clubs as to our desperate need for additions this window.

There is no way he can be looking at this squad, especially the striking options, and believe we don't need anything.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But Bmuff were really good and we played really well but beaten by the better team

We were beaten by the luckiest team. Their keeper was Man of The Match tonight, making 5 superb saves, plus we had a number of shots just wide.

Yes, we made some awful mistakes, but we dominated for mucg of the game.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We were beaten by the luckiest team. Their keeper was Man of The Match tonight, making 5 superb saves, plus we had a number of shots just wide.

Yes, we made some awful mistakes, but we dominated for mucg of the game.

Against a team on a horrendous run?. No we may have had plenty of possession but done diddly with it. Mistakes cost goals and defeat. Bournemouth didn't make any

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
He continuously states we don’t need any improvements “externally”, it’s a reasoning that isn’t really backed up by any of the facts or general performances going back a year.

Surely a striker is needed. 36 year old Murray is not someone we should be relying on as an option.

And Mooy, who lets face it, is still only on loan.. is for me our most important player. When he doesn’t perform to his best (ie today), the team doesn’t quite tick.

Still a fan of GP, but find his anti transfer policy a little odd.

Wow I found it A little dig at Potter by Vagabond

Last edited by a moderator:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wow I found it A little dig at Potter by Vaginabond

Well done..? Or something.

What he seemed to forget is that GP is not responsible for signing players.

And also the whole "need mooooooooooooore players" is something many fans are always going to want while in reality there is usually less players coming in than people are hoping/expecting. Goes for all clubs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Potter will always say that he is happy with the squad adding the caveat that however, the recruitment team are constantly looking at ways to improve the ‘group’.

This statement, repeated over and over again, is essentially saying that he is happy with the senior management and recruitment strategy at the club. With the best Chairman & CEO in English football, you’d be disappointed if he wasn’t towing the line.

We all know that behind closed doors, the problem of sorting our finishing out will be the clubs priority over the summer. Potter’s not going to mention that in a press conference.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Potter will always say that he is happy with the squad adding the caveat that however, the recruitment team are constantly looking at ways to improve the ‘group’.

This statement, repeated over and over again, is essentially saying that he is happy with the senior management and recruitment strategy at the club. With the best Chairman & CEO in English football, you’d be disappointed if he wasn’t towing the line.

We all know that behind closed doors, the problem of sorting our finishing out will be the clubs priority over the summer. Potter’s not going to mention that in a press conference.

Or say “depends on who we can offload, we have too many players, we just need some better ones”

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wow I found it A little dig at Potter by Vagabond

Is this meant to be a bombshell? Woah. Big news!

Ethel love, of course and I don’t mind at all. I’ve been critical of GP many times, you can just ask me and I’ll tell you. For example I’ve criticised him not changing it up with Maupay.

You can still back, believe in the manager whilst being critical at times. Shocking concept I know.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Exactly. This is the early days of GP, have learned since that he pretty much keeps his cards to his chest and is in full PR mode at pressers. Ie, he will always say he’s happy with what he’s got.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well done..? Or something.

What he seemed to forget is that GP is not responsible for signing players.

And also the whole "need mooooooooooooore players" is something many fans are always going to want while in reality there is usually less players coming in than people are hoping/expecting. Goes for all clubs.

Whilst Potter may not be responsible for negotiating terms or even handing the new recruit the pen to sign the contract, if you truly believe that Potter doesn't have a say, and probably even a veto, on which players the club sign you are away with the fairies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here